Diablo 3 PS4 Vita Remote Play confirmed

Tuesday, 12th November 2013 02:34 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Although Blizzard said this weekend that it’s only just investigating how it would implement Vita Remote Play for the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo 3, it’s actually already working.

The Diablo Twitter account posted a photo showing Vita Remote Play working.

Blizzard’s earlier comments about only just beginning to investigate the feature may suggest it was keeping its cards close to the chest ahead of an official announcement, or what we’re seeing here may be just the PS4′s native Vita Remote Play support, without additional development.

That it’s working and apparently “awesome” runs contrary to earlier comments from the Diablo 3 development team suggesting the small screen might not be suitable for the experience.

Diablo 3 arrives on PS4 with expansion Reaper of Souls in 2014; it will be called The Ultimate Evil Edition. Currently, Diablo 3 is available on Mac, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. Xbone

The delay… Who can play with that?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Sini

gonna look sweet on vita screen.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DannyB513

@1 The 720p graphics of the One….who can stand to look at that?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Obernox

Nice feature. Hopefully it’ll run smooth without delays like SOTC HD.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Arnvidr

Shrinking it down to the Vita screen might make it better. I tried the demo on ps3, and in my opinion it looked horrible.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Zackslacky

Will someome tell the world that the one has 1080p native on mostly all games? The delay is quite bad. And this is in front of your tv….onlive was better than this. And diablo is a terrible boring game like wow.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Fin

“Will someome tell the world that the one has 1080p native on mostly all games?”{{citation needed}}

Maybe if you can provide a source?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Zackslacky

Have a read on here mate. Forza is 1080. Kinect season 1 is 1080 and loads of others.

Ps3 ran 99% 720p whereas 360 ran everything in 1080. You do know that right? You also know no one can really notice the difference between the two? You prob included. Some people argue 720 looks better and im a tv salesman.

Can you explain to me without wikipedia the difference between 1080i and 1080p. And what I and p mean? Prob not.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Ge0force

@8 There are more games running native 1080p on PS3 than on x360. But even so, 99% of ps3/x360 games are native 720p.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Fin

Er, have you read that link? It says BF4 at 720p, Ryse at 900p, Dead Rising at 720p and Titanfall at 1080p (which is wrong, it’s 720p).

“360 ran everything in 1080″

Er, no.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Zackslacky

Look im tired of you nerds. Shut up play the consoles you want and stop arguing over resolutions. No one cares. Get a girlfriend. Have a drink. Get a life.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Fin

Pretty sure you brought it up bro ;)

#12 1 year ago
  13. Gekidami

- Argues about resolution
    - Says something dumb
    - *gulp*
    - Pretends he’s above all of this

#13 1 year ago
  14. Pytox

@11 LOL

#14 1 year ago
  15. Zackslacky

They see me trolling…they hating;)

#15 1 year ago
  16. Gekidami

- Pretends he was just trolling all along to try and hide his embarrassing mistakes

#16 1 year ago
  17. Zackslacky

But back on point. Remote play will be flawed. I dreamed of having usage over wifi anywhere with my vita.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Zackslacky

-Gekidami makes it his goal to to narrate everything george stobbart style.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Zackslacky

I got native resolution wrong. Will agree with that but 360 upscaled most games to 1080. The ps didnt. There you go.

#19 1 year ago
  20. zoopdeloop

@19 uninformed are we?ps3 upscales 1080 differently.You have to disable 720p in the video settings in order to force 1080 in most games too.But seriously now are we really talking about upscaling!yawn
    why don’t you
    Get a girlfriend. Have a drink. Get a life.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Zackslacky

Have all of the above?? So ya how did that work out? Check the back of any ps box…says 720p bro. Uninformed is not what I am. So how would a regular joe know how to disable 720p? They wouldnt making that feature apply to around 10% of players. And im sure it forces 1080i in most cases. Which my friend is 720p. P standa for progressive scan and I is interlaced. I emulates 1080p by by adding in extra lines in the screen. An emulation of sorts. The closer the lines are together. The more detailed the picture. 1080i = 720p.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Fin

“Uninformed is not what I am”

Oh god, the irony, it burns.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Zackslacky

You know what burns? Not having anything to back up your pointless arguement. So much hate in all of you. Kind of sickening. All I did was put down one ps fanboy and then ye started.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Zackslacky

Funny thing is when it comes to games….id own every single one of you. Fact. Ps or xbox. Even pc.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Fin

“Not having anything to back up your pointless arguement.”

Errrr, you made an uninformed statement, then couldn’t find anything to back it up.
    I can’t tell if you’re trolling, or just an idiot.

“when it comes to games….id own every single one of you”

What about drinking and girlfriends?

#25 1 year ago
  26. Zackslacky

A man finds time for all. I actually dont drink. Do have a gf and a month old newborn. Kind of just come on here to vent and annoy people. Sorry:) not really the douche I seem. Kind of an act. No offence to anyone here. I am Il informed. Trying to learn as much as I can before college next year. Doing programming. All cool?:)

#26 1 year ago
  27. Sini

You sound like an idiot. You shouldn’t have bred, I’m sorry for the kid.

#27 1 year ago
  28. VibraniumSpork

@27 Wow…you really went there.

#28 1 year ago
  29. meowkat

@Xbone Latency with remoteplay is pretty minimal if not non-existent if you have a decent wifi connection

#29 10 months ago