The Elder Scrolls Online video shows off robust character customization options

Thursday, 17th October 2013 17:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Elder Scrolls Online has a character customization video available in which art director Jared Carr demonstrates the system for you. It looks rather robust and is full of options. Hopefully this means there won’t be too many doppelgangers running around. Watch below. The MMO hits PC, PS4 and Xbox One in 2014.

1. AmiralPatate

I hope they’ll bring that into the next real Elder Scrolls game, ’cause now I want to make a Sam Jackson redguard with a black suit.

#1 6 months ago
  2. DSB

I love it when the character creation is robust. I can’t stand it when it’s fragile.

I hope the gameplay is rustic and the talent trees are voluptuous.

#2 6 months ago
  3. GwynbleiddiuM

@1 Director Fury is currently preoccupied with S.H.I.E.L.D business, and don’t talk to him about authority, ever.

Well I always enjoy character creation, the more robust it is the more I like it and I can add my likeness to my character. I do like to play as my alter-ego. In any case my money is still on WildStar, it’s in a much better place on my list than ESO.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Vapsyvox

I’d like to know how gear is going to work. Gear in the Elder Scrolls games has historically been relatively easy to upgrade and acquire, how are they going fit that into this MMO?

#4 6 months ago
  5. Phoenixblight

It works the same way as most MMOs though they don’t fix gear type to certain class it is more open in that way but still its the traditional MMO set up.

#5 6 months ago
  6. ddtd

I think this game would be better served if it was less MMO and more like The Division or Destiny were the MP aspects are dynamic.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Hyperx64

Looking very, very good Bethesda. Can’t wait for release.

#7 6 months ago
  8. TheWulf

Oh gods… what… why? What’d they do to those poor khajiit? I remember the argonians looking like dessicated undead and I said as much, but I genuinely figured that that was something they were going to change. And now I see that those were their final take.

If you’re actually trying to create undead beast races, then I have to admit that that’s a compelling effect. I don’t think that’s the goal though, is it? So you have these diseased, dead-eyed looking khajiit that I can’t imagine anyone would want to play as.

And the question just hangs in the air…

What was wrong with the Skyrim beast races? Why not copy those? The khajiit and the argonians looked amazing, there. And even if you don’t want to play as a beast race, which is fine, you still have to look at them as NPCs and foes around the world of Tamriel.

I just don’t understand whom amongst their art team thought that this undead look was a good one for their beast races.

I’m honestly at a loss.