Battlefield 4 beta: Obliteration mode rolling out now

Wednesday, 9th October 2013 11:17 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE is adding the game’s Obliteration mode to the ongoing beta. It’s said to be rolling out now.

The Battlefield Twitter feed had this to say today:

Obliteration is new to Battlefield 4, and supports 24 players on PS3 and Xbox 360. It can hold up to 32 players on PS4, Xbox One and PC. It also supports Commander Mode.

It sees a bomb spawned into the map, while both teams have to fight each other to claim it. Once secured, it has to be dropped off at one of their enemy team’s objectives. It must then be armed and detonated for the team to score. Once it blows, another bomb spawns in and the process repeats until one team has destroyed all three of their opponent’s objectives, or the timer expires.

Sounds crazy. Let us know if you give it a shot.

Meanwhile, I gave my own impressions on the Battlefield 4 beta so far here.

1. Legendaryboss

I should really play this but GTA V.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Llewelyn_MT

I still have this unbearable lag. Oh well…

#2 1 year ago
  3. rosco

Me to ^^^^^

#3 1 year ago
  4. AmiralPatate

Sounds like COD4′s Sabotage. I liked Sabotage, then again, I hated every minute of playing BF4 demo.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Llewelyn_MT

@4: Agoraphobia?

#5 1 year ago
  6. AmiralPatate

No, just a crappy game that calls itself Battlefield when it’s obviously ripping off MOHW.

#6 1 year ago
  7. everlia

Please click the link to help me win a copy of bf4 http://viirtu.com/?ref=xkhGwYg8

#7 1 year ago
  8. powerbuoy

Sounds like it could be fun.

I was also suffering from HUGE performance issues on my GTX680 and Core i5. FPS is alright but I get dips constantly which makes the game stutter to the point it’s unplayable.

I tried almost everything I could find online and nothing worked. Finally I bit the bullet and installed Windows 8.1 (the preview version – free right now) and now the game runs smooth as hell. 10-20% FPS increase and basically zero stutter.

Don’t understand how they could mess up Win7 this badly. Or perhaps M$ had something to do with it? :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. KineticCalvaria

It’s a pretty fun game mode actually, just had a few games. Although I think it may work better on other maps, I’m just not overly keen on Shanghai.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Ripsy

I am fully aware that the Bf4 beta…is just the beta, and at full release, we should see an improvement. I’ve been enjoying the beta and I’m sure they will fix the weapons graphics, and the orange men that kill you….right Dice? I for one love BF3 and the guns look and feel real. Bf4 beta weapons look more like MOH Warfighter…..not a compliment

#10 1 year ago