Watch Dogs PC specs released earlier today were not the official configurations

Thursday, 3rd October 2013 21:00 GMT By Staff

Looks like the Watch Dogs PC specs which were released earlier today were not the official configurations, apparently.

According to a tweet from the game’s graphics technical director, the real recommended and minimum requirements will “come out soon and will be lower” than the ones posted. Thank the gods is all I have to say on the matter (-steph).

Thanks: INCgamers, Gumpy.

Original:

Watch Dogs publisher Ubisoft has given up the PC version’s spec sheet in full. See how your rig stacks up here.

The specifications were posted on Uplay and picked up by NeoGAF. Ubisoft has since pulled the page.

Here are the specs in full:

Base spec:

• Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
  • Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
  • DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer

Example 2

• GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
  • CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

What do you think?

Via Polygon.

1. ballz

reqs are still there, just not available for verybody

#1 7 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Could be a localised IP thing, only blocked in certain countries. What do you think of them though?

#2 7 months ago
  3. Panthro

My rig fits the ultra requirements… :D

Was unsure if I had to upgrade before the ‘next gen’ games came out but nope… Looks like I can stick with the hardware that I have had for about a year.

#3 7 months ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

@3, aye I was concerned too, but should be able to get high settings at least, which is good enough for me!

#4 7 months ago
  5. Llewelyn_MT

Decent 2012 PC should be more then enough.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Panthro

I think with FXAA anti aliasing I should be able to hit 60fps on ultra… Hopefully, im just speculating really.

#6 7 months ago
  7. Keivz

@3 I’m curious, what CPU do you have?

I’m thinking the recommended spec will run the game on PS4-esqe settings–interesting.

#7 7 months ago
  8. papizdano

didnt know you were into polytheism steph… but ye thank the gods

#8 7 months ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

@8 Well, when in doubt, thank them all I say! :D

#9 7 months ago
  10. Panthro

i5 3570k, usually i7s have no real difference on gaming compared to an i5, if i need to i can always overclock to 4.3ghz which is a breeze for this processor and the current cooling system thats in my case can more than handle it.

What about you?

#10 7 months ago
  11. nollie4545

Who wrote the article/requirements?

They were clearly written by a goon. Not only are some of the numbers wrong but also there is no logic to the ‘examples’ mentioned. How can you compare or describe an i5 3770 as an ’8 core; CPU?

Show me a game in production today which will take advantage of 8 cores natively?

In any case you can basically bet that an i5 and something like a GTX 670 will run this thing on ultra.

The specs were written by a particularly thick person who somehow managed to garner attention where none was deserved.

#11 7 months ago
  12. Keivz

Clearly you were correct, and I suspected the requirements were false as well.

I have an i7-3770K which fits into the ‘Recommended spec’. You’re i5 technically doesn’t even fit into that category so saying your rig ‘fits the ultra requirements…’ isn’t true. Sure i5′s have similar performance to i7′s, but in Crysis 3 (the closest game we have available to next gen) it doesn’t perform as well (likely due to the lack of HT and thus < '8 cores').

The ultra spec recommendation of a i7-3930K (a hexacore processor) seemed bizarre (and proved to be false) and I was curious as to what kind of person even has such a processor and why… that's why I asked.

#12 7 months ago
  13. lubu

actually an overclocked i5 3570k is more powerfull than overclocked i7 3770k, it performs better in games too, even in crysis 3 but 3770 is more future proof than i5 3570.
    by the way 3770k don’t have an 8 cores, it has 8 threads not core. 4 cores 8 threads.

#13 7 months ago
  14. Panthro

@ Lubu

Thanks for clearing that up for him, its a common misconception that i7s are needed over i5s.

@Keivs
    its a common misconception that i7s are needed over i5s for gaming just because they are more expensive and deemed superior, while that is the case if your are video editing etc, i7s have no real edge over an i5 hen it comes to using them for gaming.
    I dont blame you for your mistake…

#14 7 months ago
  15. nollie4545

The difference between i7s and i5s is mostly software related, rather than actual limitations on either piece of hardware. In many benchmarks, the i5 will hold its own and as usual the GPU is the actual bottleneck. Maybe when you have a pair of hefty cards in SLi a CPU will hit its limit, but for a typical gamer running a single 1080p display, there is simply no need for an i7 hexcore or anything similarly daft. In actual fact, the latest ivybridge processors did not seem to overclock at all well, as they produced more heat than their predecessors.

#15 7 months ago
  16. Keivz

I don’t agree that an overclocked 3570k performs better than an overclocked i7 3770k. I’ve looked and haven’t seen any evidence to that effect. And I am aware that an i7 doesn’t have 8 cores (hence the reference to HT in my post as well as having ’8 cores’ in quotes).

@Panthro
    I’m aware that in 99% of games an i5 and an i7 are essentially the same–in current gen. But in one game in particular, which is the closest game to next gen available–an i7 is regarded as superior to an i5 because of HT. That’s what I meant in my post (and I think I was fairly clear). I also was saying that an i5 3570 is not an i7 3930k. Even if current gen games have them perform similarly, to suggest that they are the same, when a next gen game lists an the 3930k as needed for ultra specs, is just not true.

#16 7 months ago
  17. PhilipRis

Is AMD Radeon 6570 1GB + Radeon™ HD 7560D Dual Graphics and ”APU FM2 AMD A8-5600K, 3.6GHz/ Radeon™ HD 7560D/4MB Black Edition good enough for Watch Dogs,and can Intel i3 3.4GHz run this game Please answer

#17 3 months ago
  18. Panthro

Not at Ultra settings but if you tune them down you probably could most definitely run the game if you can run other modern games at reasonable settings.

Depends which i3 it is.