Beyond: Two Souls cost $27 million to develop, report suggests

Monday, 23rd September 2013 14:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Beyond: Two Souls developer Quantic Dream has reportedly racked up $27 million in bills throughout development of the title.

Speaking with Le Figaro, director Cage reportedly stated that the game cost €20 million / £16.9m / $27m to produce.

By comparison, GTA 5 cost £170 million to make and market. It is now the world’s most expensive video game. It’s made £1 billion so far though, so it’s cool.

The game launches October 8 in North America then October 11 across Europe. It’s a PS3 exclusive.

Are you going to get it? Let us know below.

Via CVG.

1. Max Payne

That’s not bad for 3+ years development cycles , + all the actors.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Yeah, absolutely. Someone’s good at looking after their money, clearly :P

#2 12 months ago
  3. Animeboy413

Yes, Dave I will be getting Beyond: Two Souls gotta support Quantic Dream.besides will probably be my last PS3 game for 2013, unless Black Friday offers some good discounts, but from there forward. I will be buying PS4 games for the rest of this year 2013…

#3 12 months ago
  4. Darth-Bader

Yep! Definitely want to get this! I loved Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain and Beyond looks fantastic.

#4 12 months ago
  5. frostquake

I wish they would be transparent and show where the money went, it would shock the general public.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Phoenixblight

Will never happen. Its not public money funding the games.

#6 12 months ago
  7. TMRNetShark

And I doubt they will recoup a third of it back…

#7 12 months ago
  8. Clupula

@7 – Well, you’re obviously underestimating how well Quantic Dream games sell on PS3. Look at the sales for Heavy Rain and how many of us are looking forward to this one.

#8 12 months ago