Grand Theft Auto Online details have been posted in the October issue of Game Informer magazine via a six page hands-on preview.
According to Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies the team behind GTA Online wanted to create a world that “consists of everything we’ve done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them.”
Benzies went on to say that the ideas behind the online game have been in the works since development was started on Grand Theft Auto 3.
“We’ve always wanted to create a world with the complexity of a single-player Grand Theft Auto game with the addition of real players,” he told Game Informer. “We wanted a world where people could spend years without getting bored of playing the same content over and over.
“I think we’ve managed to achieve something very close to our dream.”
Meanwhile, in the latest issue of GI Magazine, more details regarding GTA Online have been pulled.
We’ve posted a few for you below, but you can read the entire list over on CVG:
- There’s over 500 missions – some solo and some requiring a team.
- It takes place after the events of GTA 5.
- Players will need to do “whatever it takes to get more money in the bank” and procure assets like cars and real estate.
- Characters appear in cutscenes when interacting with other characters .
- Female characters can be used in GTA Online.
- Activities in the core game are also included such as: “heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races, tennis, golf and base jumping”.
- Biker gangs can support you during missions if you’re on good terms with them.
- Rockstar uses a “dynamic” system to populate GTA Online and “”there are options to let the game decide who to play with… or you can hand pick every player in the game”.
- There’s a crew ranking system and a personal rank.
- Starting skills are based on chosen lifestyles, and can be upgraded along with your character’s look.
- The crew leader will decide who keeps the loot after a mission is completed.
- Players can kill you and take your cash, so its best to make use of ATM machines as often as possible. Purchases can still be made using the money even if it’s in the bank.
- If you are robbed, you can put a bounty on said player.
- You can invite friends to your home and drink, call strippers, watch TV shows , etc.
- Missions are controlled through Rockstar’s Social Club, which means the developer tweak them regularly.
GTA Online will launch two weeks after the GTA 5′s September 17 release and there are plans in place to add new locations to GTA Online “all the time,” Benzies told CVG during the August reveal.