Prey 2: unreleased shots leak online – report

Friday, 2nd August 2013 21:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Prey 2 shots have purportedly leaked, and there are at least 30 for you to gaze upon, maybe more.

We have to add the “report” tag just in case, but they look legit to us, and while they have apparently been online for a while, we were just notified of their existence today.

Prey 2 development was put on hold not long ago, and it was heavily rumored that once Human Head was taken off the project it was handed over to Dishonored developer, Arkane Studios .

Bethesda’s Pete Hines said during QuakeCon 2013 this week, that was not the case, but that Prey 2 was still alive – so not to worry.

Lightning Gaming News has pulled the shots here (thanks, Edo).

Thanks, Jahcoodie.

1. Jahcoodie

These have been online for over a month over at 4chan. No one ever bothers to alert anyone in the press.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Lol 4chan!

Smells like summer…

Also, I can’t believe VG247 linked to 4chan, fair play Steph!

Uk is bracing itself for website control after Mr. Cameron’s fine speech.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I usually try to stay away from there if I can. It’s no place for a woman to go walking alone at night. LOL

/joking

#3 1 year ago
  4. Jahcoodie

@3 I don’t blame you. It’s a pretty horrible place. Prey 2 is a disaster. I can’t believe it’s turning out more troubled than the first game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Edo

Thanks for making me want this game even more…those look glorious :) .

#5 1 year ago
  6. Jahcoodie

Didn’t Bethesda claim the game was just a tech-demo around in March/April last year during the cancellation rumours? Somebodies lying. I just want the game!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Neuromancer

Id Tech 4 + Sandbox… eewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Looks generic as hell. I hate anthropomorphic aliens.

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

@3: Yeah, the very first picture I saw following your link was an old dude fucking an underaged girl (It’s drawn, so it’s not a complete catastrophe and seems to be a reaction to your article), so … maybe we can save the pictures and upload them somewhere else?

In any case, the game looks pretty damn good on those screenshots.

*sigh* Oh, Bethesda, why did you have to be such a greedy dickbutt?

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

Oh dear! :/

That was pretty lucky for viewing 4chan!

#9 1 year ago
  10. Biscuitpants

@8 lol ;)

#10 1 year ago
  11. Edo

@8 You can see pictures here http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/tons-of-alleged-leaked-screenshots-of-prey-2/.

#11 1 year ago
  12. YoungZer0

@11: Much better. Hope Steph links to it when she gets the chance. It might just be the better link.

#12 1 year ago
  13. YoungZer0

Interesting. One user posted three screencaps from twitter/forums discussions, all of them seem to repeat what we’ve already heard about Bethesda, how they use dirty tricks to force developers into near bankruptcy and then buy them at a low price:

#13 1 year ago
  14. TheWulf

They tried to pull the same shit on Obsidian, too. Obsidian was too financially stable, though, but they did lose out on all of their deserved bonuses for New Vegas.

It’s hard to see Bethesda through all the dirt and slime, at the moment.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Phoenixblight

Bathesda didn’t attempt to buy out Obsidian or anything similar to what they tried to do with Human Head.

They lost their bonuses because they didn’t meet a metacritic number. It wasn’t dirty. It was all there in black and white. What Bathesda did to HH however was dirty.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Jahcoodie

@15 Nope! They did attempt to buy Obsidian and Splash Damage too. Remember that Skyrim-engine sci-fi prototype Obsidian talked about recently, if they sold their company we might’ve seen it. The “bonuses” was just the icing on the cake.

What happened to Human Head Studios was disgusting.

#16 1 year ago
  17. DSB

@16 I can’t find anything other than hearsay to support that.

Feargus Urquhart on the other hand has said that they’re on good terms and would love to do another Fallout with them as recently as February.

I’m not saying that Bethesda aren’t scum, but developers do have a responsibility as well.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Jahcoodie

@17 Have they ever worked with an external developer again after shipping a product? They operate like loansharks.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Phoenixblight

THat doesn’t mean diddly. Obsidian CEO said they are on good terms with Bathesda soooo….

#19 1 year ago
  20. Stephany Nunneley

Thanks Edo – I switched the links out!

@8 While I’m far from a prude, ick :/

And I also cleaned three pages worth of spam from that Paings guy – now you will no longer hear about his buddy’s sister and her amazing job.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Edo

@20 You’re welcome.

#21 1 year ago
  22. sh4dow

@ Steph:

That (your little conversation here) is exactly why I wouldn’t even say it’s no place for women. I think it’s no place for sane people. The shit I stumbled across within two minutes of my first (and only) visit was enough to fill up my hump -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMtY8BXhaA

#22 1 year ago
  23. dhughes877

From all the trailers I’ve seen so far, the gameplay on Prey 2 looks a lot better than the first. Guess we’ll have to wait until December for the release.. http://prey2.org/

#23 1 year ago