Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag present day screenshots are here

Friday, 2nd August 2013 15:15 GMT By Dave Owen

Everything we’ve seen so far of Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has focused on its piratical past. Now some screenshots have emerged to show off the game’s modern day setting.

Check out the gallery of present day screenshots under this. It’s only a glimpse at what is likely to be a significant portion of the game. The shots give us various views of Abstergo headquarters, from the reception up to an office with an incredible view. Fans of the series will pick up on numerous nods to previous installments.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to speculate on what might be revealed about Assassin’s Creed 4 here. One man in a fetching Abstergo jumper appears a couple of times, and there are some seemingly unreadable post-it notes stuck to a desk. Undoubtedly these images will be torn apart by fans in the coming days.

Thanks, AGB.

1. mistermogul

Animus? More like Anus.

This always partially ruined the AC games for me. What a shit idea.

Wouldn’t it have been nice to have a game just set in a historic period without tacking this crap onto it?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Froseidon

@1 – That ‘crap’ is the story dude. A full historical setting has been done in games. The switch between the 2 is unique. Granted, it isn’t unique to the AC series, but still…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dark

@1 I agree.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KAP

I agree with you bro. People are so blind to see that there is TWO stories being told to the player.

If there was no Animus, what would possibly the excuses by quantum leaping from character to character?

The Desmond sections didn’t stop AC2 and Brotherhood from being a good game. If you dont like it play Risen 2, The Cursed Crusader.. coz we all know there amazing solo stories right lol

#4 1 year ago
  5. bradk825

@4 you get a 100% grade on your comment. Congratulations.

I like the dual stories and I was disappointed that they intentionally reduced Desmond’s importance because an increasing number of fans didn’t like the unique storytelling method. When the first civ character in the temple looked past Ezio to address Desmond directly, knowing he’d be watching through the animus, that was SO key to the overall story and one of my favourite moments of the whole thing.

Anyway, my take on the screenshots is since it does not appear that the sun has burned away a significant portion of the Earth, it is likely taking place before the end of AC3. I would not be surprised if it was before the events of AC1. Subject 13 maybe?

#5 1 year ago
  6. dex3108

@5 Earth was fine after AC3 so i don’t know what are you talking about :D Present day in AC4 will be after AC3 present day.

#6 1 year ago