Famitsu reveals new GTA V details

Monday, 15th July 2013 18:02 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Japanese Magazine Famitsu is carrying an article about Grand Theft Auto V which has revealed some new information about the game as well as confirming its Japanese release date.

The game will be releasing in Japan on October 10, showing Rockstar’s commitment to giving the game an international push. The article also reveals some cool new details about the game.

Your dog’s name in the game will be Chop and you’ll be able to customize him, with the ability to change his collar, other accessories and more. You might even end up losing your dog, if you don’t keep an watch over him.

The article also reveals that over 15 types of wild animals can be found in the game. The animations of the game have improved a lot since the last GTA release, according to Rockstar. Each of the three characters has also been given a specific walking animation to add to the realism.

The game will also feature a dedicated underwater mission which Michael and Trevor will take part in. They’ll travel to the location using jet-skis.

Grand Theft Auto V releases in the U.S, U.K and other territories on September 17 this year for PS3 and Xbox 360. You can watch the debut gameplay trailer below to get an idea about what’s in store for you.

Thanks, Gameranx.

1. Lengendaryboss

Cool.

#1 1 year ago
  2. TrickyAudio

Want. Now.

#2 1 year ago
  3. backup

GOTY = fact
    Not for PC = fact

#3 1 year ago
  4. Aullah

We need it on PC. Hope it comes soon.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Moonwalker1982

Awesome. Seems like my wish will come true. That the dog is going to following Franklin around if he wants to. And probably protect him as well.

#5 1 year ago
  6. JackThomas

Take that COD Ghosts.

#6 1 year ago
  7. spazman

^
    talking of COD, if only R had implemented the FPV when firing. We do need it on pc so the modders can go to work on it. I want to drive a 458 and not a bastardised version of it thank you. Just pay for the use of the car marques already. While I’m at it I know it’s LA, but I want snow, I want a winter season, spring, like in bully.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SlayerGT

@7 GTA is satirical. That’s the point. They have the money and the means (Midnight Club) they chose not to.

#8 1 year ago
  9. loci

I predict Feb 2014 for PS4/XB180/PC release.
    Only reason they aren’t releasing PC version now is because it will make the PS3/360 version look like shit.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

@Loci
    I still don’t think it will happen but if i had to pick a date it would either be May (Rockstar usual release period even originally for GTA V) or October/November (For re-releases/ports).

#10 1 year ago
  11. spazman

@ 8
    R shouldn’t make the mistake of Nintendo, modders mod because yes, they have an innate need too, but it’s also nurture when it comes to the games they focus on. R’s satirical world, clukin bell, etc, and the jap rip off’s off of western cars belong on the ps2. V, and next gen, R need to evolve into a fully fledged mirror take on real life. I want to drive a gleaming rosso red 458, or a koenigsegg because I’ll never drive one in real life. The cars in GTA are now graphically wanting, (unbisoft’s the division for example, their cars look so real you want to drive them) GTA cars lack graphical grunt and so become undesirable and this takes away prestige within the game. That’s why the modders mod, to put in what intrinsically is needed going forward. Moving forward being the operative word because as gamers we certainly evolve, R needs to keep up, or lose our loyalty.

#11 1 year ago
  12. SlayerGT

@11 Your loyalty maybe. If you want a Ferrari play GT or Forza. Personally I like satirical. Its more creative and humorouly light hearted. They have more flexibility in what they can do and express. It lends itself to their world. You want KFC’s instead of Cluck’n Bells? Clothing stores, gun manufacturers, etc? You’re looking for a different game. Stick to mods on PC.

#12 1 year ago
  13. spazman

@ 12
    enjoy your meal sir, don’t choke on the bones, that was it in SA, in IV you tell me where the interactive satire was. unless of course the word Cluck’n bell is all the satire you need. And lets not mix lemons with apples having a crap version of the real thing, yes I’m talking about the cars, has got absolutely nothing to do with the satire, the satire of the game comes in – when I turn on the radio – get it?

#13 1 year ago
  14. yeoung

Hope the dog is able to get in the car as well. I kinda wanna take him to the beach and hiking and shit.

Fun ^_^

#14 1 year ago
  15. undermyrules

@3 Never go full retard….oh wait you are.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Professor Zoom

GTA sucks. Saints Row rocks.

#16 1 year ago
  17. SlayerGT

@13 The cars are just in on the joke. Its all in fun. You want a serious tone car jacking murder game? I’m telling you you’re looking for a different game. That’s not what GTA is. Nor should it be, because that’s not what Houser wants..otherwise they’d make it. Rockstar will do what they want to do. I applaud that.

#17 1 year ago
  18. xxJPRACERxx

Agree with you SlayerGT. It’s always funny to see what R* can come up with with some of the popular brands/products. Hope it stay that way.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Moonwalker1982

IV was full of funny stuff too, but some people only played the story missions and missed out on some seriously funny things on the ingame tv. Or the theatre shows you could go to, hilarious stuff.

#19 1 year ago
  20. spazman

@ 17
    tell that to nintendo…

#20 1 year ago
  21. SlayerGT

I understand where Spaz is coming from. I’m a big fan of automobiles. But that’s why I love the cars in GTA. They’re just fun compliments to the fictitious worlds, brands, people of GTA.

#21 1 year ago
  22. SlayerGT

@20 Tell what to Nintendo?

#22 1 year ago
  23. Gojira77

shiiiit im finna hav dog fights up n dat bitch. shoutout big pun.

#23 1 year ago
  24. TechRyze

The game will be released in Japan on October 10…

Enough of that lazy Yanklish shite.

#24 1 year ago