Final Fantasy 15 produces second E3 trailer with more gameplay

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 23:35 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The first Final Fantasy 15 trailer was the cinematic and dialogue heavy affair we’ve come to expect, but this second one plays to mdoern sensibilities by packing in lots of footage of the RPG in action. And I do mean action.

Final Fantasy 15 was once Final Fantasy Versus 13, but has shucked off the Fabula Nova Crystallis sequence. It will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.

1. mkotechno

So FF is a scripted hack&slash now? I miss the old times.

#1 10 months ago
  2. salarta

Just a note, for some reason when not logged in, the embedded video ends up stretching the page vertically to obscene lengths. When logged in, it looks fine.

I can see the possibility of the gameplay being difficult to manage, but I’m sure it’ll be refined well enough to work fine. Plus, the story, atmosphere, themes and concepts are far, far more important than any gripes about the gameplay, and unlike FF13, those important bits so far look like the makings of an actual Final Fantasy game.

#2 10 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

Man, that gameplay looks completely bonkers. I like it.

What I do not like however is how ‘light’ the tone has become. Remember the original trailer? Much darker tone that reminded me a lot of FF7.

Just rewatched it now and wow, they actually took some of the elements from it and made it part of the gameplay. Very impressive.

Dunno why they changed the character design though, the original design looked fine.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Crussong

@3: Dude, the game isnt even out yet. You just got a glimpse of a FF game, hahaha :D
    More to come.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Brenna Hillier

@2 it’s nothing to do with being logged in, I just corrected the error in the interim :)

I, uh, may have not quite deleted the height parameter when altering the embed code, resulting in a six-figure number…

#5 10 months ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

Also, updated because Sony and Squeenix apparently can’t make up their minds if it is coming to PlayStation 3 or not. Current official line: not.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Stardog

Looks terrible.

My only hope is that this Versus XIII was taking so long that they just decided to rename it to XV for financial reasons.

Maybe we’ll see the real XV with XVI.

#7 10 months ago
  8. salarta

@5: It happens, at least you fixed it! :)

#8 10 months ago
  9. OmegaSlayer

Uncharted Fantasy May Cry

#9 10 months ago
  10. Puggy

Hm, I don’t realy like that gameplay either. Then again, Final Fantasy has changed a lot since when I met the series… So yes, maybe it will be the first installment of the Series I won’t get.

But that does not matter, since Kingdom Hearts 3 will come out, sooner or later. I am so looking forward to it.

#10 10 months ago
  11. silkvg247

Why did you call it an RPG? I am confused.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Gnosis

I’m sure as hell more excited about this then friggin XIII-3. The battle system looks more fun too. They said it’s gonna be similar to KH, it’s what I expected and it’s what I’m looking forward to. As long as they don’t make it a QTE overkill and let the player actually control the characters, I’m cool with it. In this regard *ahem* Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!

#12 10 months ago
  13. CyberMarco

Tetsuya Nomura you are a legend!

Can’t wait for the game, thanks Square Enix for showing us mercy and letting use experience this masterpiece.

Also, Kingdom Hearts 3! :D :D :D

Tetsuya-san FTW!

#13 10 months ago
  14. BrahManDude

all the hayers can go play the old FF games, they are trying something new on n old franchise so it can’t grow stale and from this video it’s a new take that actually looks very promising so just stop already im looking forward to this

#14 10 months ago
  15. stretch215

This is the first final fantasy game I’m actually interested in. I probably won’t grab it though because I have no idea what’s going on in the story.

#15 10 months ago