Rainbow Six: Patriots cancellation rumoured as GameStop bins pre-orders

Friday, 17th May 2013 10:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Rainbow Six: Patriots pre-orders at GameStop have been binned, sparking rumours that Ubisoft’s squad shooter has either been cancelled or is being re-tooled significantly. The latter is probably the likely answer though, so take this with a pinch of salt.

OXM reports that GameStop is the only retailer to have chucked out the games pre-orders, while Amazon and UK retailer GAME continue to accept orders.

IGN pressed Ubisoft for comment, and a spokesperson replied, “We have nothing further to share about Rainbow 6: Patriots at this time.”

The last VG247 heard about Rainbow Six: Patriots was Jade Raymond telling Sam Clay that Ubisoft Toronto has completed its portion of the game.

So what’s going on? Assess for yourselves and discuss below.

1. Edo

Nah,I’m guessing it we’ll be reannonced at E3.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Djoenz

Bloody tit it will go next gen I guess. . . . !

#2 1 year ago
  3. FrankWhite

Didn’t Jade just say Ubi Toronto finished their maps for this game? I doubt it will be cancelled, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is delayed to 2014 and made next-gen only.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 Yeah man it’s the link above, where Sam spoke with Jade at GDC, she said the Ubi Toronto sections were done. It’s likely getting a next-gen re-tooling.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

“Nothing further to share”. You haven’t shared a darned thing for years, already! D:

#5 1 year ago
  6. Hirmetrium

What is with Ubisoft at the moment? They make the frankly awesome decision to release Blood Dragon (people will scream “MARK 4 STYLE MOTHERFUCKERS” for years to come) and then they decide to murder THQ Monterals’ game and now their dicking around with Rainbow Six.

Vegas is one of my favourite game series of all time. Me and my friends still make the joke of “STACK UP” Jung:”STACKING UP” “BREACHING CHARGE” Michael:”BREACHING!!!!”

These were awesome characters in an awesome game series. It’s been screaming for a sequel since forever.

Hopefully, the end result of whatever their doing is worth the super extended wait.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Samoan Spider

Damnit, I know we haven’t seen much of it bar that one long video but I was looking forward to more Rainbow 6. Here’s hoping it’s not permanent or that someone a Gamestop just got itchy feet about holding pre-orders with so little info.

#7 1 year ago
  8. G1GAHURTZ

@6:

I really enjoyed Vegas too, but it still manages to provide one of the most stupid AI moments I’ve ever had in a game.

I was on one of the early levels of the game. I think it was my second play through. I told the squad to stack up on one door, while I went in through another.

So anyway, I ordered them to breach the room, but somehow, I must have taken everyone out by myself. So I continued for about half an hour, all the while, when I gave an order I kept hearing “Can’t do that” or “Can’t go there”.

Finally, I decided to see what the problem was and check behind me, and I realised that the squad was still stuck at the door that I told them to stack up at half an hour ago!

I had to go all the way back, and re-direct them through the other door.

It was ridiculous.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Moonwalker1982

Today, a source confirmed that one of the unannounced titles Ubisoft Toronto is working on is “Rainbow Six: Patriots,” and that the team is aiming for release on next generation hardware and consoles.

#9 1 year ago