The Phantom Pain video interview confirms FOX Engine’s involvement

Friday, 15th March 2013 08:13 GMT By Dave Cook

The Phantom Pain was discussed by Moby Dick Studio’s supposed CEO Joakim Mogren – who appeared on camera with his face covered in bandages – he dodged every question, but did give host Geoff Keighley a look at some new screens, which revealed something interesting indeed.

Note the FOX Engine logo in the bottom left corner. ‘Mogren’ also explained that there would be a new trailer for The Phantom Pain at GDC. It’s probably no coincidence that Hideo Kojima recently confirmed that he would be extending his GDC panel session to show more of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

You can watch the trailer here. It’s watermarked like crazy so we can’t embed it. We also covered Keighley’s confused Tweets last night as well, as if he actually wasn’t in on the gag.

So, is this Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes? Let us know what you think below, and be sure to check out our Ground Zeroes all access page, which is where I’m tracking every single rumour, fact, tweet, image and video for Kojima’s project.

1. unacomn

Exclamation mark!

#1 1 year ago
  2. atlans89

This logo alone is enough for me. I’m totally hype now.

Guess we now know who the bandage person in the clip is.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

What this box?. ! Enemy sighted requesting backup.

#3 1 year ago
  4. friendlydave

His face at the end of that interview made me laugh. Guess we wait till GDC

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dark

few NeoGaffers believe that Joakim Mogren is a CG character designed to show of the new Fox Engine lol

#5 1 year ago
  6. CyberMarco

^ I highly doubt that Joakim was CGI, but I am sure that this interview was 100% staged…

#6 1 year ago
  7. Lateralis_ip

Don’t know if it’s CGI but I certainly can’t wath his shoulders, and his pupils are dilated and the light is on his face, like his doped or someting, it’s wierd

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

Gotta love the comments:

“Joakim
    Roakim
    Doakim
    Dorkim
    Dorikm
    Doriko
    Dorito
    !”

#8 1 year ago
  9. The Last Nomad

Well if it wasnt already obvious at this stage its now impossible for this not to be a MGS game or at least Kojima is behind it. Something this nuts could only come from his wonderfully insane mind.

Can’t wait to see more.