MGR: Revengeance boss DLC coming in April

Wednesday, 13th March 2013 23:40 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Konami has confirmed an April release for two new Metal Gear Rising: Revengeace DLC packs featuring playable boss characters.

The first pack is called Jetstream and features a side-story starring Sam, while the second, Blade Wolf, features the eponymous robot dog.

Both packs include “multiple hours of gameplay” and each character’s unique abilities, and will be priced at $7.

Meanwhile, the first DLC pack, VR Missions, is completely free and out now. A trailer can be eyeballed below.

1. YoungZer0

“multiple hours of gameplay”? Yeah right. The actual game can be completed in under 4 hours and you expect us to believe that?

#1 1 year ago
  2. lexph3re

You can complete a lot of games in 4 hours doesn’t mean you can’t play it again differently. MGS 4, CoD, you can even beat vanquish in 6-8 hours. Then you have unlockables, vr missions, and soon this dlc.

I’m picking this gowa and RE6 this weekend gonna beat this first

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

Of course you can play it different, I’m not denying that, but even if you stretch it out, you still won’t get more than 6 hours out of it.

… you sure you want RE6? O:

#3 1 year ago
  4. lexph3re

Some friends of mine forcing me to play it with them. And its 30 bucks now so why not, it does put a week long hold on my tomb raider acquisition buuut i promised them still so you know… good friend and all the shiznit

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

Rent it. It’s very bad.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

Can’t wait for the Jetstream Sam one. Blade Wolf, I’m not sure how that’s going to play. Ideally, since it is a wolf character, it’d be similar to Okami’s controls, just without the celestrial brush.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

And really anyone going on about the time in MGR has obviously not played it. I probably put about 15 hours into my first playthrough, counting Codec conversations, and retrying against one particular boss, but it listed me as having a play time of 6:52 when I was done. The game only records successful runs.

And it has a ton of replay value anyway, so now the time is at 20 hours for me.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Hellhound30x

I don’t know! I’m a total MGS fan, as well as a Platinum fan, I’ll buy it just to show my support!
    I do want a sequel/prequel to MGR!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

YoungZer0 is not a fan of the Metal Gear series. He liked part one and afterwards, basically just seems to buy the games so he can talk shit about them.

#9 1 year ago