1. Sini

ugh, memory of terrible, boring and long winded mgs4 dialog unavoidable. Look, she was about to start a monologue about trivial crap with her mouth opening already.

2. ignisbadguy

#2 1 year ago
  3. Hellhound30x

I just want METAL GEAR ALREADY! )=

#3 1 year ago
  4. hives

Oh who cares. Give us Ground Zeroes… BTW, I’m starting to doubt it will release on current gens. More like current and next-gen consoles.

Anyway, I hope it will release before Q2 of 2014.

#4 1 year ago
  5. ignisbadguy

More info.
    ” Her left pants leg has the Philanthropy logo on it, and she wore the same outfit as her mother did during the Tanker incident. Close examination of Sunny’s render, specifically her ID card, reveals her full name as “Sunny Emmerich,” although it is unknown whether she gained the last name of Emmerich since her adoption by Snake and Otacon, or if she adopted the name herself between the events of Metal Gear Solid 4 and the events of Rising.”

#5 1 year ago
  6. Bomba Luigi

Its nice meeting an old Friend – but more when its a Suprise. Putting the Spoiler in the Main Titel of the News is a bit brutal.

I know its not a big Spoiler, and maybe I’m the only onw who cares about that because about every Site is making that Spoiler, but I just wanna Say.

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

So glad to see she didn’t listen to Naomi and her “US GURRRLS HAVE TO LOOK DE BEST!” Bullshit.

#7 1 year ago
  8. The Dude

“…lover of friend egg”. :D

Liking the design!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

I actually kinda hate articles like this that spoil the game for me whether I want it to or not. I have been avoiding trailers. I haven’t been reading any articles with plot details and then you get articles like this, where the headline itself spoils a huge part of the plot for me that maybe, just maybe, it would have been nice to be surprised by.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Dave Cook

@9 the article didn’t spoil it, Konami releasing the image into the wild did.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Clupula

There were ways to word the headline that wouldn’t give stuff away. I mean, trailers are filled with way too many spoilers too, but most articles just say, “Here’s the latest trailer that details bosses.” I can choose not to read that article because I don’t want to know what the bosses are like until I play. “An old friend returns in latest MGR images” would have been optimal. Gets people who don’t care about spoilers to see the image, while those of us who don’t want to see it would know to avoid the article.

#11 1 year ago
  12. dizzygear

@10 this particular article’s headline spoiled it for me in any case.

“Metal Gear Rising: first image of a familiar character appears” would have been better for people who dont wont want surprise of her appearance in MGS: Rising ruined.

#12 1 year ago
  13. salarta

Now we just need Naomi and we’re good to go!

… Also I can’t shake the feeling that that’s a little girl’s head photoshopped on an older teenage body.

#13 1 year ago
  14. NeoSquall

@12 Doesn’t make any sense.

Everybody who’s played MGS4 and/or the previous games knows about Sunny and who she is.
    Everybody who’s played MGS4 and their mothers know that the game is canon and set years after the last chapter.

Aside from Old Snake, who we know should be dead by now, do you really think Sunny wouldn’t make an appearance in Rising? Really?

Do you believe she wouldn’t grow up in the meantime? That she somehow developed a growing cells cancer and wouldn’t grow?

Or maybe you wanted her dead by some accident?

Come on.

#14 1 year ago
  15. NeoSquall

@13 Naomi is dead by cancer, she can’t return.

As for the “head”, trim her hair, add a scar and make her mad, she will have the face of her mother: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121129012259/metalgear/images/0/0e/OlgaFace.png

#15 1 year ago
  16. salarta

@15: No. People keep jumping to unfounded conclusions. I’ve responded to this at length before, so I’ll give an abbreviated version.

1) Big surprise reveals are common for this series, like Big Boss still being alive. 2) You never actually see her die; the last time you see her, Snake leaves her behind but still alive in the ruins of Shadow Moses. 3) Naomi is deceptive and sneaky by her very nature; she inflicts Snake with FOXDIE during MGS and appears to switch sides repeatedly during MGS4. 4) Everyone is taking her word for it that she had cancer at all, that deactivating her nanomachines would cause the cancer to “play catch-up” to kill her, or even that the syringe she was using actually had anything in it. 5) Gray Fox appeared to have died in Metal Gear 2, yet he managed to come back as a cyborg ninja in MGS; it’s absolutely impossible for the same thing to happen to Naomi?

What we have is a bunch of people immediately buying “Naomi died of cancer” just because she said she would die by cancer and made a huge show of it. Does that mean Naomi actually did switch to Ocelot’s side mid-game and didn’t do it as part of a bigger plan? She couldn’t have faked her death, possibly to go into a civilian life where nobody would kidnap her like Ocelot did?

I think the main reason most people harp on “Naomi died of cancer” as if it’s fact despite having nothing of substance to back it is because they have some dislike or hate against the character. Not saying that’s necessarily you, but I think many people are like that, where if they don’t like a character, they try to do whatever they can to make sure the character doesn’t come back.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Clupula

I think this obsession you have with Naomi is fairly unhealthy. Nobody hates the character, we’re just going by, you know, the actual story and not insane speculation.

Considering she was dying and shot herself up with the same nanomachines that allowed Vamp to die, in a building that was falling apart, ON AN ISLAND THAT SANK, there’s probably a good reason to believe she’s dead.

#17 1 year ago
  18. YoungZer0

“Nobody hates the character”

I do! \◔ ⌣ ◔)

Who wants to bet that we’re going to see Solidus return?

#18 1 year ago
  19. Clupula

@18 – You hate everything that Tameem didn’t squat out.

#19 1 year ago
  20. absolutezero

To be fair Sunny was more or less the most autistic video game character of all time. Sure she was cute and goofy and living with two old men that could not really give a shit if she was there or not but my God the social interactions hurt.

I guess thats what happens when you let the internet raise a child.

#20 1 year ago
  21. salarta

@17: I think it’s not an obsession to like a character a great deal and note obvious observations that people choose to ignore.

I’m familiar with how people behave when they hate a character. As you will note, I explicitly said I was not saying NeoSquall was necessarily among those types, but I do think those types are the most stubbornly opposed to putting more thought into the story because doing so would mean they would have to acknowledge that her returning is a possibility. I’ve seen how awful people act when they hate a character. For FF4, I’ve seen terrible Rydia fanboys actively lie about Rosa’s character history supposedly given in “a Japanese source book” to make her look bad, while others have claimed that Rosa was nothing but a minor support character and Rydia was the game’s female lead protagonist. I’ve seen Rydia fanboys twist events of FF4 to make Rosa out to be stupid, weak or downright evil. I am extremely familiar with how crazy and asinine people can be when they have undue hatred toward a character.

When you say you’re going by “the actual story,” you’re actually only going by what you see on the surface. You’re refusing to take into account what has and has not been said. Unless we actually saw Naomi die, like we had direct medical analysis that confirmed she did have cancer and she was in fact dead, the possibility that she is still alive is wide open.

Here’s what you’re omitting from your retelling of events. Naomi was not already dying. Naomi used a syringe, supposedly to counteract nanomachines in her system that are like Vamp’s. Without anything other than Naomi’s very often deceptive word to go on, no medical charts or patient history or any REAL evidence, she claims that she’s always had cancer (no idea what kind of cancer, just cancer) and was using nanomachines to keep it in check, and that the syringe would deactivate them. Then, instead of actually watching her last moments, Snake and Otacon leave her behind in a building that is falling apart and sinking, but which is sure to have more than one way out, all while swarms of enemies are in the same facility.

There may be “good reason to believe she’s dead,” but there’s also plenty of good reason to believe she’s still alive. I’m saying it’s POSSIBLE she’s still alive, that it could go any which way but that I would like it to be that she’s still alive, while you’re insistent that it’s absolutely impossible that she survived. I think you’re being the unreasonable one here.

Until her dead body is dragged out of the waters of Shadow Moses and an autopsy is done on it to confirm it’s her and she died, I’m not going to buy the “She died from cancer and that’s the only way things could have gone end of story” idea people immediately take.

And in fact, I think the difficulty I have getting people to actually look at the Naomi as a character and the full circumstances of her supposed death makes a sad case that video games can’t attempt to be more intellectual. Why try to be intellectual if nobody’s going to bother to put any thought into what they see on the screen and just take every single thing put on the screen as exactly how it is? Especially with Kojima at the helm, the man who made MGS2 which has been thoroughly analyzed from every angle (including its advertising being purposely deceptive) in an intellectual manner.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Clupula

Yes, but we also didn’t see NOT Naomi fly off into an alien spaceship. Doesn’t mean she is on another planet. Just because you made some fan fiction in your head, where she lives doesn’t mean she lives.

Also, do you really think that it would have been smart to sit there and wait for an official confirmation of her death, CONSIDERING THAT IF THEY STAYED THERE, THEY WOULD BE DEAD TOO?!?

#22 1 year ago
  23. absolutezero

“I am extremely familiar with how crazy and asinine people can be”

yup.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Clupula

@20 – I saw Sunny as an incredibly damaged kid who was being raised by two guys who have no idea how to raise a child. One of which was obviously very well meaning, but still too awkward to actually do any good for her.

I think meeting Naomi did open up a lot of things for Sunny, but meeting an actual real world friend did even more for her.

#24 1 year ago
  25. YoungZer0

It probably damaged her intelligence.

#25 1 year ago
  26. salarta

@22: Now you’re doing the typical crap of trying to make a perfectly legitimate statement look ridiculous by taking it to ridiculous extremes nobody was suggesting. You’re pulling in crap that would make absolutely no sense for the series or characters to say something that actually would make sense in this context is “absurd” or impossible. Instead of accepting the possibility that she’s still alive, you’d rather discourage any actual thought about the character or the series whatsoever.

Screw you. I’m done talking with someone that is so aggressively against putting actual thought into video games that he cares more about making excuses for why something “can’t” happen just because he doesn’t want it to be so and would rather take everything he sees at face value than actual, thoughtful and logical discussion. I got sick of dealing with people like that when they claimed Makoto in Blazblue could never become playable because “there would be too many playable furries” or “she’s never shown fighting ability,” only to see those same people turn around and act like they thought she could be playable all along when the company announced her as playable DLC. And I’m not a fan of Makoto, in fact I dislike her, but I’m not so ignorant that I would pretend something isn’t a possibility just because I don’t like it.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Clupula

@25 – I think she probably benefited, on a technical level, from being around Otacon, but her social skills were pretty much zero up until meeting Naomi.

@26 – Who is even bringing in BlazBlue characters? You know, between this and your whole Jill/Claire thing, I think you tend to obsess a little too much about fictional videogame women. There are real women out there in the world you can talk to and get to know. There’s no need to get angry when talking about fictional beings.

#27 1 year ago
  28. absolutezero

Everything from her video message to Hal to her final moments show her wish to die, she wanted to die. Sure she might be lying like normal but then why send a very personal message to Otacon in the first place?

Nah shes dead, she died with the monster she helped to create, symbolic and a neat tying up of that particular narrative mess. For once.

It would take a true abandonment of dis-belief in order to accept her just re-appearing in Rising.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Clupula

You mean, like one of the main villains becoming possessed by a hand?

#29 1 year ago
  30. absolutezero

uh oh now you’ve done it.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Clupula

Or…there is the possibility that Naomi actually traveled into the future, and the injection she gave herself made her mutate into a half cat creature, and she’s now known as Kokonoe, and the basis for creating Hakuman was actually her research on Grey Fox. In truth, the Metal Gear and BlazBlue storylines ARE CONNECTED!!!!

And the Librarium is actually an offshoot of The Patriots!!

…okay, not really, but do you see what letting your imagination run wild with the fan fiction can create?

#31 1 year ago
  32. Clupula

@30 – Hey, I’m a Metal Gear fan. Probably one of the biggest on this site, and even I thought, “What the hell is this crap?” when that happened. MGS2 killed the series for me and it wasn’t until a friend of me did A LOT of convincing that I decided to give MGS3 a chance. Brought me right back into being a fan.

#32 1 year ago
  33. salarta

@28: Again, regarding perceptions that she wanted to die, Naomi is very deceptive by her nature and good acting any part she needs to take. Maybe you could tell Naomi was only faking that she switched sides and joined Ocelot and Vamp, maybe not, but she’s supposed to be good at being duplicitous. It’s how she managed to get FOXDIE into Snake’s system during MGS, and lie her way into the life of Naomi Hunter.

I’d think she sent a very personal message to Otacon for the same reason she slept with him the night before. She could have planned to die as the game frames it on the surface, but she also could have done it because she planned on faking her death and doing so meant she would have to give up a potential future with Otacon.

I don’t think her reappearing in Rising would be out of the question at all. Again, it fits her nature. And even if she had intended to die, as I mentioned, it’s always possible that Naomi could have been picked up and “reborn” in the same way Gray Fox was as a cyborg ninja, which would in turn be symbolic in that Naomi ends up with the same fate as the adoptive big brother she loved so much that she snuck her way into Snake’s team and tried to kill him for it during MGS. And on supposed death, she still had never found out that Gray Fox was the guy that killed her parents and made her an orphan before he found her later and adopted her.

It’s also possible that a child Naomi will be in Ground Zeroes since some of it may be taking place in Rhodesia where Naomi comes from, but I’m sure many people are going to say something like “It would be too boring to have to watch after a child character” or “We haven’t seen anything saying Snake was around when that happened so we won’t see it” or some other stupid excuse.

#33 1 year ago
  34. YoungZer0

@32: For me it was the Fortune-Rocket-Dodging scene that broke MGS2. I mean a lot of scenes before that were insanely stupid, but this, i couldn’t stomach it.

#34 1 year ago
  35. Kabby

Terrible face on that model. Uncanny valley to the max.

#35 1 year ago
  36. ignisbadguy

@31- Bestest plot ever…

@34- Mgs2 (actually, the entire franchise ) is full of stupid moments like that one, but yeah, that’s the worst of them.

#36 1 year ago
  37. YoungZer0

@36: I mean they didn’t even try to explain that. How can she pull that off? Oh and why did Ocelot stop using the device in MGS4?

#37 1 year ago
  38. NeoSquall

I just heard that the aliens who abducted Naomi are returning to fry the brains of anyone who found out the Truth, so please, someone give salarta a tinfoil hat to protect him from their psychic radars.

@24 that’s my exact feeling about the character, I’d like to know how she developed after MGS4, maybe Otacon settled out with someone (unlikely) or she went to live for a while in Raiden’s family (more likely).

#38 1 year ago
  39. salarta

This just in, God has come down from the heavens and decreed that unlike story in books, you are to accept every single thing presented in the story of a video game for exactly what the characters in that video game tell you that you should think. Putting absolutely any thought into the narrative of a video game that isn’t put on a platter for you amounts to crazy talk.

Big Boss and his friends could never turn out to be the Patriots. It’s impossible that Gray Fox could return as a cyborg ninja since Snake left him behind on Zanzibar Land presumed dead and his body was blown apart by a land mine into many pieces. Anyone that thinks Gray Fox can return in Metal Gear Solid after having his body blown into many pieces is just a crazy conspiracy nut with a tinfoil hat.

Really though, last time I’m going to respond seriously to people referring to putting actual thought into the story as “tinfoil hat” stuff, since at this point it’s people either being willfully ignorant or trolling. Especially if they’re the same people that like to claim DmC was a highly intellectual game.

#39 1 year ago
  40. Clupula

Ah, but I’ve been one of DmC’s biggest detractors and the biggest defender of it hasn’t said anything to you about your crazy theories, so that attempt at punching in the dark isn’t going to hit anything.

#40 1 year ago
  41. YoungZer0

Whoops, sorry, nearly missed that.

Yeah, so were do i start? Do you think it’s a good idea to have an emotionally unstable girlfriend as one of your advisers on your mission?

“JACK THERE WAS NOTHING IN YOUR ROOM, YOUR HEART IS EMPTY!”

“Sorry, kind of busy saving the president from the patriots.”

“THE LALELULELO? What are you talking about?! REMEMBER WHAT DAY TOMORROW IS! TALK TO ME JACK!”

“I have nightmares, okay?!”

Why is no one trying to stab Fortune, if bullets can’t hit her? I mean she has a huge weapon, all you need is hold it from the side and she can’t do anything. Slash-slash-slash, just like the emo likes it.

And why would a guy who’s known to be the best soldier use military mottos from differen military branches? Is he trying to look like a fool? “Semper Fi, who dares wins, motherfucker!”

How can grown adults still take this shit serious? Why wouldn’t you doubt anything? Hideo Kojima is a whore! He’ll use anything to please his fans. Want boobs? We have boobs! Want more guns? We have more guns! Want more Solid Snake? We have more Solid Snake! Want a story without consequences? We have that too! Want the storyline to be actually smart and make sense for once? We … got boobs!

Just look at how many times Raiden survived.

Big Boss came back from the dead too, and he looked healthier than most characters! Oh and Zero too. And Snake survived, who would’ve expected that? Ocelot is still possessed by his Arm … Why would he even use his arm? How high are the chances that they are compatible?

Oh wait, he’s not possessed! He’s actually convinced himself to be Liquid, oh that makes sense. Puh! Dodge a bullet there.

And then there’s Big Mama who’s doing the Madonna stuff of not realizing that she’s getting old and that no one wants to see her tata’s anymore.

Also:

Nanomachines.

#41 1 year ago
  42. Clupula

YoungZer0 and I will disagree on many things, including the rest of the Metal Gear series, but he and I both agree that MGS2 was a big giant mess.

Also, while I said that I don’t hate Naomi, I can very much say that I hate Rose. Without question, I despised her. I never skip cutscenes in games. Ever. I want to be completely absorbed in the story. And I skipped over Rose nagging me. Because her whole, “Do you remember what day it is tomorrow?” bullshit was just too much.

In fact, at the end, when you’re supposed to rescue her…I didn’t want to. I wished there was the option to let the Patriots keep her, to be quite honest.

#42 1 year ago
  43. YoungZer0

@42: Did they ever answer the question where the real Rose ended and the patriot Rose began?

I also don’t understand why anyone would like Naomi. I mean she basically told Sonny to go in the kitchen and look her best, because she’s a girl!

Then she slept with Otacon and one day later she continued to suck vamps vein-y dick. She even got all touchy-touchy with him, before he attacked Raiden for the second time, and friendzoned Otacon cried because she died?

She made out with the killer of your sister, you asswipe!

#43 1 year ago
  44. Clupula

@43 – you know, I’ve never cared where one Rose ended and another began. She is my absolute least favorite character in the history of fiction.

#44 1 year ago
  45. salarta

@43: … Okay then. Let me respond to this. I can understand why people would dislike the Naomi and Sunny interaction. I don’t think Naomi tried to “whorify” Sunny, I think Naomi was just trying to be friendly with Sunny and point out that it’s important for a girl to look good/presentable (our entire culture says this same message), but I understand how people can interpret it in a negative light given you have Naomi showing so much cleavage and being presented in such a sexually free-spirited way. It leads to questions of if Naomi is trying to “corrupt” Sunny.

But the complaints about her interactions with Vamp and Otacon are, I feel, misguided. As the game thoroughly established by the end, Naomi was actually still on Snake’s side, and had never actually “switched sides” to Ocelot. Getting touchy-feely with Vamp was part of her act allowing her to get where she needed to be to help Snake and Otacon. The helicopter scene and everything that went on during her “death” was pretty clearly where Naomi’s actual feelings and desires were in terms of who she really wanted to be with.

But yes, Naomi doesn’t show many qualms with following her desires instead of following what society implies she should be like. That’s made pretty clear with some of her interactions with Snake as well, including when he gets naked in front of her in South America.

I like Naomi because she’s smart, duplicitous and scheming. Of course, her looks and attitude toward sexuality are appealing, but if that was all there was to it, I’d be a fan of Laughing Octopus. The Metal Gear series doesn’t really have any characters that can play sides and mind games in the way Naomi has.

#45 1 year ago
  46. Clupula

@45 – You do realize that your entire response pretty much explains why it would make sense for her to actually be dead, right?

#46 1 year ago
  47. YoungZer0

LOL.

That wasn’t my point. Sunny has shown her that she’s fucking smart, that she knows shit. Naomi, who’s supposed to be a scientist doesn’t give her proper advice on how to deal with life later on. None of that “Life’s gonna be hard for you, because you’re very smart. People will bully you, because they are jealous, but don’t forget who you are, you’re a smart and beautiful girl, don’t let anyone take that from you.” stuff.

Instead, we had “Us girls have to look our best” which is some old-fashioned misogynistic bullshit right from the 50′s.

And that’s not how life works, you know? If a female scientist runs around a lab with a short skirt, huge cleavage and high heels, she’s not going to be taken seriously and for good reasons.

She’s the first woman in Sunny’s life and that’s the message she wants her to remember?

And if we’re going to pretend for a second that her looks have nothing to do with pure embarrassing fanservice for japanese pervs, then why does the rest of the female cast look the way it does? Why do the beasts moan, and walk on all fours when you defeat them? Let’s keep it real, we know the answer.

And FUCK Naomi, she could’ve been a spy, without getting all touchy with the murderer of the guy she slept with. How can you claim that she’s smart when she acts “the way society expects of her”? Apart from how stupid that sentence is a smart person usually doesn’t give a shit about norms of society. They hinder smart people from achieving anything.

Again, keep it real.

And she turns around, not because Snakes gets naked, but because of the way his body looks, the expression on her face is disgust and nothing else.

She’s also one useless damsel in distress. Raiden is fighting for his life, Snake is wounded and she’s the only person who needs assistance to get on a chopper, because she sprained her ankle? Weak sauce.

She couldn’t even die right. She just wouldn’t shut up, couldn’t stop feeling sorry for herself.

#47 1 year ago
  48. NeoSquall

@46 heh, I don’t think he gets it :D

#48 1 year ago
  49. salarta

@47: Good point on Naomi’s advice severely lacking, thanks for pointing that out. I agree it would have been better for her to say things that are more substantial.

I didn’t say Naomi’s looks weren’t heavily geared toward fanservice for consumers when you look at it from real world influences on how the character turns out. I only stated and admitted the sexualized aspect of her nature. But the game does explicitly give a reason behind it in cases like Vamp, where it’s part of manipulating herself into where she wants/needs to be to achieve her goals.

On the part about “the way society expects of her,” either you misread or I unintentionally phrased it poorly. I said Naomi does NOT behave the way she’s expected to behave by society. Society expects her to not act in duplicitous ways where she plays sides, and it also expects her to be far more restrained in how she expresses her sexuality. She was never meant to be a “spy” per se, because that implies the character is officially a member of a particular side. Ever since MGS, Naomi was on her own side. Since she helped Snake through MGS, does that make her on Solid Snake’s side? Since she inflicted him with FOXDIE, does that make her on Liquid Snake’s side? No, she’s in the middle, playing everyone.

I think your response on what I said about her turning around is based in misunderstanding what I said. From your reply, I think you interpreted me as suggesting Naomi turned away out of some kind of sense of modesty, when I meant the exact same thing you did, but with the caveat that prior to seeing him in that state, she was approaching the idea of seeing Snake naked with the same hint of excitement she had during MGS. Sorry if I am wrong in this regard.

The complaint about Naomi being a damsel is weak, though. First off, it’s completely ignoring the fact that she’s not a fighter or warrior like Raiden and Snake are, she’s a scientist. If she had pursued a career in physical combat like them and the sprained ankle thing came up, then I think you’d have reason to gripe, since Naomi would then be expected to be able to be above that. Secondly, referring to her as a mere “damsel in distress” is almost purposely ignoring everything she does to put the situation to an end that Snake and Otacon could never have done without her involvement. SOP would never have gone down without her.

I’m not trying to say in any way that you can’t dislike Naomi, everyone has their own tastes, but it’s another thing entirely to twist every single thing about the character into a negative and not acknowledge any of the positives or at the very least anything that other people could like about the character. At best, it’s unintentionally disrespectful to others’ tastes. At worst, it’s intentionally hateful and malicious based purely on subjective ideas. It’s the kind of attitude that led to me hating Rydia in FF4 because Rydia’s fanboys kept making up crap about Rosa as a character and harping on about how “bad” she was and how “great” Rydia was.

#49 1 year ago
  50. YoungZer0

@49:

“when you look at it from real world influences on how the character turns out.”

What’s that even supposed to mean?

And let’s assume that her bare breasts have nothing to do with Fanservice and she used it just to get Vamps blood boiled up. Why did she continue to walk around like that when there was nothing to be gained? Did Sunny need to see her breasts?

“I said Naomi does NOT behave the way she’s expected to behave by society. Society expects her to not act in duplicitous ways where she plays sides, and it also expects her to be far more restrained in how she expresses her sexuality.”

Oh fuck all that Society feminist bullshit noise. This has NOTHING to do with her character and is simple speculation.

“She was never meant to be a “spy” per se, because that implies the character is officially a member of a particular side.”

Doesn’t imply anything. She could spy for two sides and still follow her own path.

“No, she’s in the middle, playing everyone.”

Yeah, even the good guys … and that’s a good thing because?

“First off, it’s completely ignoring the fact that she’s not a fighter or warrior like Raiden and Snake are, she’s a scientist.”

AH! Oh well. I didn’t knew that you need extensive warrior/fighter training to climb into a FUCKING CHOPPER! Are you being serious?

See, this is what I don’t understand about you. You complain about the new Tomb Raider being sexist, because Lara feels pain from being stabbed, but when you see a scene where a fucking woman can’t climb into a chopper (because apparently you need to be a warrior to do that) it doesn’t bring up any red flags? Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?

Let me repeat what happened in that scene:

She walked up to the chopper, with her sprained ankle and couldn’t get in. Otacon even apologized like an asswhipe for not being able to help her inside. He used the Mark to help her up.

What she could’ve done: Place her arms in the interior of the chopper, push her upper torso inside, place one leg inside, climb in.

There, done. No extensive training needed. You learn how to climb like that in kindergarten.

“And complaining about her supposed “death” is once again missing the point with her. As I noted, she’s the type that would act out in such a manner.”

Someone who can’t shut up and get to the point? Sounds like Naomi alright.

“At best, it’s unintentionally disrespectful to others’ tastes.”

#50 1 year ago