Black Ops 2 gets a new live-action trailer that ‘surprises’ everyone

Monday, 29th October 2012 13:52 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has received a new live-action trailer courtesy of Activision. Check it out below, it’s ‘surprising’. There’s even an Evil Dead quip in there, oh and Robert Downey Jr. flying a jet.

The game is out November 13th on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and it’s one massive package. Yes, we’re aware of the potential euphemism.

VG247 recently saw Zombies mode and a new campaign mission in action. Check out what we thought here:

Black Ops 2 zombies impressions: the horde approaches.

1. YoungZer0

Hey there are some famous dudes in this trailer!

2. Dave Cook

@1 there are indeed :)

3. deathm00n

This just show how stupid call of duty got. I’ll stick with 2, 3 and MW1 thanks!

4. Dave Cook

@3 have you played it yet? It’s genuinely good. Maybe rent it?

5. Stoopid_Snot

very good trailer IMO… shame is CoD

6. YoungZer0

@4: Is it an improvement over the previous titles? Because the last titles didn’t really deliver the much needed ‘new’ content.

7. Dave Cook

I’d say so yeah – balancing is spot on, the guns are all balanced, the movement is more weighted, less air support cluttering the skies, better visuals, more destruction, fairer create a class.

I’ll admit now that Im a fan of the series, but this is sincerely the best one I’ve played, and I’ve played MP for about 4 hours so far :D

Buying it at midnight launch. yes I’m sad.

8. Goffee

Not THAT is advertising, presumably the Vita Black Ops game will feature three fat nerds on a cheap sofa.

9. YoungZer0

@7: Naw, i didn’t invest too much time into Black Ops’ Multiplayer. The Maps were just bad. Same goes for MW3. I think i’m getting fed up with it. Didn’t play Battlefield 3 for too long either.

I also freely admit that i did like the storytelling of Black Ops, It wasn’t too smart, but it wasn’t insultingly stupid, like MW2. The important thing about it was the way the delivered dialog and cutscenes. Rather interesting.

10. Erthazus

The trailer is good, but no way i’m sold on the hype.

the last Call Of duty I invested was Black Ops 1 and that was because i had no games to play, now I have a lot of things to play with + WoW:MOP.
    I bought MW3 though almost at launch for a discount and it was horrible as hell and for me it was the end for the series until next gen probably.

I won’t buy Black Ops 2 at all. At best maybe I will check out the singleplayer to laugh my ass off from ridicilously hillarious campaign with conspiracy theories. I won’t invest in the multiplayer because this year there are much better shooters like TRIBES: ASCEND, Dust 514, Planetside 2 or Battlefield 3:PREMIUM PACK.

11. YoungZer0

@10: Have you played the DUST Beta? I wasn’t too impressed by it.

12. Erthazus

@11, Yes, I played it. I wasn’t impressed by it too, but i thought it was good. DUST requires a lot of polish but EVE Online was the same at launch and after few years it’s one of the best MMO’s out there.

Shooting mechanics were slow for my likings but customization and strategy stuff were amazing for the F2P MMOFPS.

13. SlayerGT

@7 Come come Dave. Its awesome for any fan of a series to get excited about the next installment. Like myself for GTAV. Get you some midnight launch :)

The ad is pretty “groovy” also :)

14. YoungZer0

@12: Yeah, the pacing is what is destroying the game for me. It’s way too slow. Even slower than Battlefield 3 or Bad Company 2. I also think that the maps are lacking some depth. Nothing really to hide behind, no real chance to sneak, or something like that. I really do hope they make the best out of it.

15. polygem

i am more the halo guy so this is bad timing for me with halo 4 coming out on the 6th. i will pick this up anyway at some point, heck maybe even day 1. my fave cod´s are cod4 and blops. really liked blops sp and the changes they did in the mp department. blops 2…..it all does sound like they pressed the right buttons.

16. viralshag

@11, I tried to play the beta of DUST but I could never get in a game for some reason. Maybe I was doing something wrong in the menus… I have no idea.

I’m already sold on this game so I’m going to be picking it up. I will be trading in MW3 and MoH:WF (if I don’t use on AC3) for BLOPS2. I do actually start to feel bad if I buy more than one full priced console game a month…

17. Omelette

Some classic comments on COD here. I didn’t like MW3 too, it doesn’t mean BO2 will be bad. You guys never seem to remember that Treyarch isn’t Infinity Ward, and that Infinity Ward isn’t the team that created COD4 anymore. That team created a studio called Respawn DUH.

And people should just stop buying games in the first week of the launch, everyone knows there’re unfixed bugs and other shit, PLUS you can wait and see if people like it or not (those people being your favorite reviewers or whatever).

I don’t know. I’m sorry for that. Opinions are opinions. I just saw to many negative comments with generalities that I’m sick of (that aren’t limited to this site)

18. SameeR_Fisher

LOL pretty cool, btw assuming we can do all of that in MP, will we have access to jets, flying wings, and horses in MP ?! :D

The one actor I didn’t want there was Justin, she is so meeeh.

19. Deacon

pretty tame comments for a COD thread! ;)

20. Ireland Michael

Heh. That trailer was actually pretty decent. I think the idea was to represent how the situations in a Call of Duty game change at a constant rate, due to its extremely fast pace.

Have absolutely no idea who any of those people (bar Mr. Downey Jnr) are though.

21. DLTDawnlight

No Black Ops II for me.

Reasons:
    * Too much expensive DLC. Getting the full experience of this game will cost $110 (with Elite) to $120. (Assuming if there were 4 map packs like in Black Ops)
    * No dedicated servers on consoles.
    * Online is repetitive after playing MW2, BO, and MW3 previously.
    * The community is terrible.

22. YoungZer0

Huh, just read that Guy Ritchie directed this.

What a waste.

23. MadFingerz

^Guy Ritchie is awesome but this video is meh. I wouldn’t be too harsh on him for this though.

24. El_MUERkO

it made me load up FPS Russia, not looked at it in ages :D

25. OrbitMonkey

Wait… Are Horses going to be a killstreak now? That’ll be surreal :|

26. helios

No one even noticed Mr. Jetman and the new guns? Black Ops 2: Easter Eggs Revealed

27. TMRNetShark

@ #22 It’s alright if you are sick of the game… some people really are sick of the game.

I on the other hand, think that Modern Warfare is repetitive… I played 1, 2, and 3… and Black Ops was just better in every way. Both in map design and the “it” factor.

That “it” factor was that it was fun to play the game. Anyways, I’m excited for the game and zombies!

28. DSB

@29 Funny to see that, but I just could not disagree any harder. I thought Black Ops was a right mess.

The maps were practically all corners, the customization was a pain, and the killstreaks fell between boring and frustrating.

It was a lot worse in the singleplayer though. The checkpoints were just awfully placed, which meant a lot of wasted time if you took any sort of chance on the higher difficulties (ie had fun).

That really shouldn’t be something you mess up in the year 2010.

Definitely put me off Treyarch CoDs for good. Probably horses for courses though.