GTA: Vice City and San Andreas rated for PS3 release

Sunday, 28th October 2012 22:52 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The ESRB has rated both Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for release on PlayStation 3. A PS2 Classic release seems quite likely, as Grand Theft Auto III arrived on the PlayStation Network in late July and was well received; additionally, Vice City is headed to mobile platforms to celebrate its anniversary, so Rockstar is clearly keen to continue leveraging its best-selling classics. We’ve asked for details.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. SlayerGT

I recently revisited GTA:SA, in excitement for 5, backwards compatibly on 360. It holds up ok, gameplay wise.

2. Brenna Hillier

It’s the only one of the trilogy I never 100%’ed. Those bike races down the mountain. Still have my PS2 memory cards, should give it one last bash.

3. SlayerGT

100%’ing SA was one of my best video gaming moments. Let me know if you need any tips Brenna :)

4. TD_Monstrous69

Gotta buy all three. Never got the chance to beat any of them (especially San Andreas, bought it used, and well…. I’ll just say it’s the reason I almost never buy games used).

5. Brenna Hillier

@3 I literally completed everything except the bike races. I just never got the hang of it. It still bothers me.

6. MadFingerz

Vice City was by far my favorite GTA game, it was perfect in almost anything. Alas I think I’ve already sucked that bone to the marrow, playing it again now after all this years could ruin the memories.

7. SlayerGT

@5 I remember them being a little frustrating. Only because the 10speeds’ steering characteristics are made very sensitive in part of the speed you carry. Its takes a while but I think if tried over and over the AI will mess up occasionally..if you’re lucky :) Its been so long..i think it’s best to use the brakes in moderating. Hitting them hard enough to lock the back in a “slide” is what you want to avoid. That’s when the bike gets the most uncontrollable.

The one i struggled with the most is the “Chicken Run” :) the triathlon that takes you all the way around the map. I could smoke the competition the entire race until the last sprint down “The Strip”. This ONE guy would come steady trucking down on me and pass me with like 50 yards to go. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong after two tries. Mind you to do the race took like 20 min of mashing the X button :) once victorious i celebrated..and did a little dance :P