Battlefield 3: Armored Kill video shows vehicular warfare

Thursday, 19th July 2012 14:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA has released a video for Armored Kill, the vehicle-based expansion for Battlefield 3 releasing in September. The expansion contains new tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more. It’ll also bring with it “the biggest map in Battlefield history”.

In full, there will be five new drivable vehicles including mobile artillery, tanks, and ATV’s with over 20 vehicle specific unlocks. Players will also have the ability to spawn in the all-new gunship.

The expansion also introduces the Tank Superiority mode, where heavy vehicles strive to control key areas of the map.

In the video below, you will also see the Alborz Mountain as well as the Bandar Desert, which is the map described as the “the largest in Battlefield history,” above.

Battlefield 3 Premium members have access to armored Kill two weeks before everyone else, and the December expansion, Aftermath, as well. Members will also get two weeks early access to End Game, which releases in March 2013.

1. Talkar

Holy shitfuck on a stick that looks awesome! I haven’t played BF3 for months, but this just got me interested in it again :D

2. freedoms_stain

In reality: 48 sniper douches in the mountains while the other 16 guys wander around looking for something to kill.

3. Stephany Nunneley

A couple screenshots just landed in my inbox. I’m loading them in now, so check back for those in a couple minutes.

EDIT: That was fast. They are in there now.

4. Len

Absolutely cannot wait, is gonna be amazing fun! :)

5. Tech-N9ne

#2 hehehehe, so true. Snipers have pretty much ruined this game.

6. ManuOtaku

I am not that good at driving, well tanks i can do it, but not helicopters or planes, iam terrible at that, i leave that to the experts, therefore i think i will be not interested in this expansion, i have the previous two and are good.
    Having said that, i found the snipers in this game more active than in BFBC2, they are more close to the action, in the previous game that was true they camped over long distances due to the camufladge thing, now in this game i didnt find out that much, like i said they keep close of the combat zone, in most cases, of course with some exceptions.

7. Len

@6 Don’t think like that, think of it as v good opportunity to learn. That’s what I’m doing!

Find out a date good vg247 ppl.

8. Giskard

@2 + 5 Snipers have not ruined anything. A quick life as a sniper usually kills them off good, and if you don’t want to stoop to their level, just keep an eye on the map so you know where they are, and avoid giving them LoS. There’s seriously no problems with snipers atm.

9. freedoms_stain

@8, I don’t have any problems killing them. I have problems having a good match when a hefty proportion of both teams are up mountains or on top of buildings doing squat for their team.

10. Ireland Michael

I like Close Quarters, but that’s definitely more like it. Can’t wait.

@2 Snipers are virtually useless against vehicles, so that complaint is pretty redundant.

11. roadkill

490 hours. 511 spm. Oh yeah! I’m loving BF and I’m going to love it even more once Armored Kill is out. Bring it! :))

P.S.: Snipers are easy. All they add to is the fear factor. And that’s present only in a newbie.

12. freedoms_stain

@10, how is the complaint that there are too many recon in every other round to actually have an interesting match not a valid complaint?

It doesn’t matter what they can and can’t do to anything, if half of both teams are pissing about on top of mountains you get a piss poor round.

13. Ireland Michael

@12 You’re complaining about shit players you can easily best?

I’ve barely seen this problem myself, personally.

14. freedoms_stain

@13, I’m complaining about shit players who make the game boring.

Know what isn’t fun? when you have all the flags on Oman yet 2 squads worth of enemies do nothing but attempt to get a solid camp on in the construction buildings over E or on the hotel buildings around G while their team mates can’t grab a foothold on the beach because we got all the vehicles while their recon were busy smashing their choppers and jets into buildings so they could camp on top of them.

Or how about Kharg island when you’ve got the US bottlenecked in their base because half their team are spread out on the ridges around B?

I don’t want to have easy boring matches where we win by 200 tickets on a 350 ticket server.