Resident Evil 6 has at least 255 minutes of cutscene

Tuesday, 10th July 2012 01:25 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Just how long can you sit quietly in your chair watching the cast of Resident Evil 6 get on with it? Over four hours, apparently.

Capcom sent 4 hours 15 minutes of cutscene footage to the BBFC in its ratings application, which resulted in an 18 sticker.

To save you the maths, that means Resident Evil 6 has at least 255 minutes of cutscene, as opposed to Resident Evil 5′s 65 minutes and Resident Evil 4′s 127 minutes.

The additional cinematics are somewhat unsurprising given suggestions that Resident Evil 6′s storyline will be at least twice as long as Resident Evil 5′s.

Resident Evil 6 arrives on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in October, and will allow players to experience the plot through three scenarios.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. osric90

I can handle them. Give them to me. Resident Evil’s games cutscenes were always awesome, so I want them and 4 hours and 15 minutes is just perfect… as always as gameplay is well balanced. We have a huge one coming, guys… forget about the girl that broke your heart, forget about your religion and your work because this is gonna be the one, the freakin’ one. I want to have Resident Evil 6′s children, I want Resident Evil 6 to give me love and I want it to make the pain go away. I want Resident Evil 6 to love me and I will play it for an eternity. I will unlock all of its secrets, I will repeat many, many times. I will hold it and never let it go… because it will never hurt me. Not even death will break us apart. Resident Evil 6 and me will be one for hours to come. Hope you feel the same way.

2. Ali Hayas

255 mins of pure crap. RE5 sucked and it seems this will end up being suckish.

3. xxJPRACERxx

@1 Is this some kind of joke?

4. GwynbleiddiuM

@1 Not sure if serious or just being sacrastic! o.O

5. AHA-Lambda

@1 – what in the fucking christ is this? Not only is it just fucking weird to boot but the game you’re fawning over looks like utter shit too.

6. drewbles82

They are basically telling you the future DLC.

7. TheBlackHole

RE5 was awesome. Different, sure, but awesome.

8. YoungZer0

255 minutes of terrible one-liners and bad facial animation.

Do. Not. Want.

9. Krono

I’ve only played RE4 and RE5 granted, the former’s style being preferable to me yet I still enjoyed RE5.
    Then I have played the demo for RE6, and even though it’s only a demo, it wasn’t that great in my opinion.

The style of play has changed more towards run-and-gun since you can shoot on the move, and from the level I played as Chris it was like an action scene from a movie- running along rooftops killing some East Asian gangsters.

In short, I won’t be buying the game at release for sure, and would definitely rent it before buying.