CS:GO open beta coming, current update brings lots of fixes

Tuesday, 12th June 2012 23:30 GMT By Dave Oshry

Another day, another CS:GO beta update – and soon you can get in on them!

Hot off the heels of announcing an August 21st release date and $14.99 price for Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Valve has stated their plans for an open beta.

In their most recent blog post, the team stated that:

“For pre-orders we hope to open it up about a month before release so roughly July 21st but that is a rough date we will firm up as we get closer. As for an open beta, where everyone can get a chance to try CS:GO, sometime between the pre-orders and release”

So if you’ve yet to get into the closed beta, you’ve got a bit more than a month to wait ’til it opens up.

For those of you in the closed beta, you can check out the lengthy new patch notes here.

1. Takeshi

Not really a game on my radar but I guess I could try it out once it opens. I have played a bit of CS 1.6.

2. Yoshi

I’m currently doing a little competition to win a CS:GO beta key if anyone is interested :)

3. Talkar

I’ve been in the beta for months and i haven’t even downloaded the game yet. Maybe i should have a look at what all the fuzz is about x)

4. AHA-Lambda

I’ll give the beta a bash, I’ve played some CS:S in my time but I admit it’s not really my thing.

5. Lounds

I’m really into the closed beta atm, it’s really fun, I’m reliving my addiction lol.

I want valve to give me the game for free now, they chose me to test it, I should get it free lol.

6. back_up