Rumor – Black Ops 2 reveal coming in two weeks

Wednesday, 18th April 2012 20:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A retail source has sent Kotaku an image of teaser poster which is purportedly some sort of save the date deal for Black Ops 2. The date on the poster is for May 2 where it states to come back for a “debriefing.” Note the Treyarch and Activision logos on the poster. If legitimate, it means more news on the next Call of Duty game will be revealed in the next couple of weeks. We’ll send a mail to Activision on this, but we don’t expect the firm to confirm anything until it’s ready. Here’s a larger picture of the promo (thanks, AHA-Lambda).

1. DSB

And the world holds its breath.

2. Erthazus

It’s going to have old crappy engine, lot’s of Michael Bay explosions, Fake Russians, shitty storyline, stupid AI, More Map Packs, Spec Ops thing, more killstreaks, Maps will be more interactive like in Black Ops 1. We will see singlelayer footage from XBOX 360 E3 2012 briefing, huge marketng campaign with a lot of money.

Shocking.

P.S. BUT, i want to see Call Of duty Vita. With Vita hardware it’s possible to port a game like Black Ops 1 on it.

3. Moonwalker1982

This is the most shocking news of this year so far, holy shit man!!!

4. Stephany Nunneley

AHA, your link just now popped up in my RSS feed. Thanks for the link to a larger picture of the promo. I’ll add it in now.

5. AHA-Lambda

no bother, thanks ^_^

6. nani17

OMG a new call of duty who knew. Can’t wait for same game engine same graphics and new maps.

7. osufan21

Original.

8. G1GAHURTZ

Looks like a Solid Snake pose.

9. polygem

gimme the vita one!

i really enjoyed blops while i couldn´t get into mw3 though…

10. Lewis247

One thing that annoys me about call of duty is if they actually cut the bullshit they could get the series back on track to it’s former glory. Black Ops was a fantastic game, best one since 4 but you can’t compare the two. The went batshit crazy doing mw 2 and 3, no where near as good as 4.

If it’s black ops 2 I will be happy. But I will be majorly dissapointed if it’s the same god damn engine that they have squeezed out like, what, 4 fucking games out of?

Call of Duty has been ruined by it’s new found success. It’s like they know all these new wave of fans will buy it up every year yet be so obliviously to how nothing has been changed in mw 3 over mw 2, a fucking 2009 game! Same assests etc is a joke…

Black ops is the best stab at a decent cod and this is coming from a single player perspective, I’ve been a big fan of call of duty since the first on the pc, not some multiplayer jack ass who loves buying $60 rehash games..

Alas I am not holding my breathe but I can only hope they get it right..

11. OrbitMonkey

I really hope they’ve managed to put down a solid sp story with this one. Multiplayer is multiplayer and I’ve invested hundreds of hours across the franchise, but as far as the sp goes… Well it’s been on the decline since COD4 for me.

All the characters I liked are dead and even Price seems to be disappearing up his own arse :-( Give me a decent story amongst all the setpieces please, that’s what really connects me to the game.

12. G1GAHURTZ

IMO, you’re mostly right, OM.

CoD4 SP was the best all round, but it had some really bad moments, like the ferris wheel part and the corridor section of one of the last levels.

The later CoD’s managed to get rid of those unnecessarily frustrating parts, but the CoD4 story was the best one of the lot, I think.

As far as the campaigns go, I’ve finished:

CoD2 twice
    CoD3 once (it was painful!)
    CoD4 maybe 3 or four times
    WaW twice
    MW2 twice
    MW3 three times

(multiple times is usually because of different difficulty levels and different platforms)

I got bored of the BO SP and still haven’t finished it. It just felt like I was watching a whole load of boring cutscenes, one after the other, and hardly doing any shooting.

The fact that I even managed to force myself through CoD3, but not BO shows just how bad I found it’s SP.

13. reask

I thought blops sp was much better than mw 2 or 3. :)