Back to Hell: Diablo III confirmed for May 15 release

Thursday, 15th March 2012 13:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Blizzard’s confirmed that Diablo III will release globally on May 15, with worldwide digital pre-sales kicking off today. Digital and retail versions have been priced, and a CE announced.

Diablo III

First announced at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, June 2008.

The first main Diablo game for 12 years: Diablo II released in 2000.

Action-RPG heavy on looting and dungeon-crawling.

Both digital and retail versions will cost £45.

An alabaster-white Collector’s Edition will be sold at retail for £70.

Blizzard has finally confirmed a street date for Diablo III: the action-RPG will release globally on May 15.

Gamers will be able to buy the hugely anticipated title through retailers in the United States, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on launch day.

In addition, gamers in the regions above as well as in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil will be able to buy Diablo III digitally through Battle.Net.

Players in the listed Latin American countries and in Russia will be able to purchase Diablo III at local retail locations starting June 7. Digital availability for the Russian version of the game will also begin June 7.

In addition to the English version, Diablo III will be fully localised into Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, and Traditional Chinese.

Buy, buy, buy

Global digital pre-sales for Diablo III are now live. You can reserve digital copies here.

“After many years of hard work by our development team and months of beta testing by hundreds of thousands of dedicated players around the world, we’re now in the homestretch,” said Blizzard chief Mike Morhaime.

“We look forward to putting the final polish on Diablo III over the next two months and delivering the ultimate action-RPG experience to gamers worldwide starting on May 15.”

Diablo III will be available for PC and Mac at a suggested retail price of £44.99 for both the retail version and the digital version sold directly from Blizzard.

An alabaster-white Collector’s Edition, sold exclusively in retail stores at a suggested retail price of £69.99, will include the game, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, the Diablo III soundtrack CD, a 208-page Art of Diablo III book, and a 4Gb USB soulstone (including full versions of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction) and corresponding Diablo skull base, as well as exclusive in-game content for Diablo III, World of Warcraft and StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

More than 1 million players have already signed up for the WoW Annual Pass, giving Diablo III free with a 1-year commitment to the MMO. If you do this, you’ll also get an exclusive World of Warcraft in-game mount and access to the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta test. This offer will no longer be available as of 09:01 a.m. CEST on May 1. Get more info here.

1. HauntaVirus

Holy motherfuck…

2. viralshag

Oh. Shit. BOI!

3. Johnny Cullen

HOLD. THE. FUCKING. BASSLINE.

4. Patrick Garratt

FUCK YEAH.

5. revolting

Excellent. That’s summer sorted, then.

6. locus2k1

Holy Mother of Hell, Sweet!! Hold the phone, “£44.99″? glad I per-ordered in 2010 on shopto.net for £27.95 :D

7. Joe Musashi

Hang on hang on. May 15 of WHAT YEAR.. ?

JM

8. DSB

Meggur ton!!!

That’s two days before my birthday. People are going to be very sad that I won’t be attending.

@7 Hahaha, nice one Joe :D

9. endgame

44.99 pounds? F**k off Blizzard!

Edit: Oh! On amazon.co.uk it’s “only” 32.97 pounds.

10. sk4r

@7 Thankfully, today is not April 1st.

11. Patrick Garratt

Shit. Genuinely excited. Might have to pre-warn my wife.

12. awaltzforvenus

FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS

13. Sherif Saed

showing 59.99 € here ffs :/

14. viralshag

Pat to wife: Honey, I had to cancel my ticket for the holiday this year… something big has come up… at, um, at work? Yeah, at work, I just can’t afford to miss it. But you still go, I don’t think it’s fair we both miss out…

15. Patrick Garratt

Nasty. Says £45 for me.

16. Patrick Garratt

@14 – :P

17. NoPizzaNoCry

Am I the only one who was massively disappointed by the Beta?
    I’m very worried about Diablo III now…

18. GwynbleiddiuM

FUCK YES!! YES! YES! YES! YES!

19. themadjock

Bring it on! I’m lucky enough to have been in the Beta in the UK and getting tired of playing Act 1 might give it a rest until release. I hope GAME stay in business so I get it for £24.99 not £44.99 from blizzard….

20. Moonwalker1982

I saw a few gameplay movies on Youtube and it’s not doing anything for me. I guess it’s just not my game. Great great news for the fans though, i know how long they’ve been waiting for it.

21. viralshag

@17, I never even played the beta and I’m excited! Woo!

22. DSB

@17 I’m pretty sure the external beta was meant to be boring. They obviously kept most of the game hidden. Based on the skills and classes, I’m still confident that the finished game is going to be a lot more entertaining.

The beta didn’t even have music. You do the math.

23. jana

Running shoes are http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ are the most important is the precise engineering of human motion understanding,running action is single

Tone,during running,http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ process is relatively repeat Simply put,the feet by the force of certain laws,

Way,running shoes manufacturers can be in different parts of the force, targeted placement of support or cushioning material.So

,http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ All the good running shoes are not mere feet of soft or hard,but made ??http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/ of different materials for different parts of the place,so that

Foot in the course of the campaign to get the appropriate support cushioning http://www.cheapnikeshoes4sale.org/
    to protect the knees and spine are not subject to periodic stress injury.

24. NeoSquall

in b4 Max Payne 3 gets delayed.

25. YoungZer0

Don’t care. From what i heard, they still want the game to be Online-Only. Even for the Singleplayer.

I’m not going to criticize Ubisoft for doing this shit with the Assassin’s Creed Games and then buy a game that does the same thing.

26. Gheritt White

TOTES AMAZEBALLS!!!

@ Pat Garratt: I’m calling dibs on the Monk in our party.

27. Patrick Garratt

Witch Doctor all the way for me.

28. Gheritt White

We’ll deffo need a Barbarian then, maybe a Wizard too. FUCK the Demon Hunter, what a lame class.

OMG, I thought the wait between Diablo 1 and 2 was bad… I’d actually forgotten how giddy videogame anouncement can make me.

I haven’t been this pumped for a game since I stopped a stranger in the street to hug them when I saw the giant Halo 2 poster outside Tower Records in Picadilly Circus.

29. DSB

Excellent choice Pat.

Have you tried the beta? I’ve said it before, but those spells are just entertaining in and of themselves. Instead of just summoning pets he’s actually summoning stuff to kill shit left and right, like kamikaze zombies or poisonous frogs. He also has a midget that runs around turning monsters into chickens.

I love it.

Might go for the demon hunter myself, but witch doctor is definitely gonna be on rotation.

@25 Singleplayer online sucks, but isn’t it the same for Starcraft 2? I don’t remember. Either way, Diablo III is going to be heavily weighted towards online play, and I don’t agree with keeping singleplayer online either, but I guess how much you care depends on how you’re going to be playing it.

Plus, Battle.net is infinitely better than anything Ubisoft ever put out. A major problem with Ubisofts approach, is that it doesn’t add anything to the games, and it breaks down every other day.

30. Patrick Garratt

Yeah, I played through the beta. Only once, though. But yeah, all I ever wanted to play was the Witch Doctor.

31. NoPizzaNoCry

@22 the beta had music and is the final game beginning.
    It felt cheap, with stupid dialogues, and a gameplay that is way too “casual” (highlighting monsters, auto pick-up money, etc.)

the biggest problem is the ambiance, which was the strong point of D1 and D2, and this time isn’t there anymore. Hopefully in the latter acts…

32. NeoSquall

Haven’t played the beta yet, but my habit is playing “plate&shield”, so I guess I’ll have to choose the Barbarian or something like that…

33. Mystic Sage

Any news on if they are still playing on a Console version of DiabloIII?
    Would really love to play this game but cannot afford a gaming computer to do so. I really hope they still have plans for this on console.

34. Talkar

The beta was extremely dull, IMO, so i think i’m just gonna let this game slide, and wait for when the HotS beta and eventually game is released.

35. DSB

@31 Yup, I see your point. D2 was a masterclass in setting the mood in my opinion. Without the artstyle and the music it probably would’ve been crap. It didn’t look good even for its time.

That’s one place where D3 might take a hit. I don’t think there was any music in the beta when I played. If there was, it was too suble to notice. I still don’t think the content in the beta is locked down.

It felt pretty bare bones and placeholder’ish to me.

36. Phoenixblight

I am with you there. I found the beta extremely boring and dull. I had more enjoyment from Torchlight and that game has no MP, wtf Blizzard? I will just be waiting for Torchlight 2, it will be cheaper and I will find more enjoyment out of it then I had with D3 beta.

37. Edo

@24 Yes …because Rockstar surely counts on big PC sales numbers for Max Payne 3.