BF3 gets small Guillotine teaser, more next week

Friday, 9th September 2011 15:47 GMT By Johnny Cullen

That’s probably specifically the best 49 second tease we’ve ever seen.

EA’s dropped a new Battlefield 3 video, teasing new single-play mission Operation Guillotine, showing nighttime gameplay in the shooter. You can get it below.

The video promises more on the mission for next Friday. Word to the wise: you should expect a lot more on this too from our DICE visit. Alas, NDAs are in play. Next week should be good, though.

Battlefield 3 launches on October 25 in the US and October 28 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. G1GAHURTZ

I wonder just how many of those effects are in the console versions…

2. daytripper

WOW

3. StolenGlory

NICE! Can’t wait :)

Also, G1GA, you always seem to like pouring water over the fire of any BF3 article that gets published. I’m not saying your trolling; far from it, but it seems like you’re making up for months and months of having idiotic, self-styled Battlefield elitists crapping over every CoD thread that ever gets published :)

I mean, don’t get me wrong it’s always good to have multiple viewpoints on every topic, but it just seems you’re always there casting doubt without ever really having anything terribly upbeat to say about the game whenever a BF3 article pops up.

4. Johnny Cullen

Ooooooohohohohohohoooohoooh. *senses tingle*

5. AHA-Lambda

good god christ and mummy, daddy its beautiful!! =O

6. manamana

Holymothergranada! Untouchable!

7. freedoms_stain

Stunningly unimpressive… If you watch it outdoors on your mobile with the brightness on minimum.

8. Maximum Payne

New Benchmark for PC ? Bye bye Crysis it was nice playing you…

9. NeoSquall

I wonder if the mortar bit will be actually “interactive” or just a scripted stunt like in any Call of Duty game.

I have fond memories of when I used the mortar as a Soldier player in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and had an eye on the map and an ear next to the speaker to hopefully hear the “hit” sound :D

10. manamana

@Johnny why don’t you embed the HD Trailer? Better quality FTW!

11. JRNO

It’ll rip my current GPUs in half, but I’m dedicated not to upgrade my PC until next year’s batch of new hardware.
    But god damn, the temptation.

12. Xuchilbara

@1 – It doesn’t really matter, because BF3 on consoles will still look better than the PC version of MW3 TROLOLOLOLOLOL

@11 – You should upgrade RIGHT NOW. I am at least… But I can’t complete my build till stupid AMD launches the new Bulldozer :-\

13. Len

I just can’t wait, so excited about this. Looks truly wonderful I’m even thinking of upgrading my 6950/70 which is madness!

Tell us when the beta starts you swines….

@1 Who gives a toss about the console versions, has to be pc all the way for bf3! :)

14. Lewis247

OH… WOW… Please, when this is released no one make try and compare it to modern warfare 3 because, well… just LOOK AT HOW FUCKING AWESOME THIS IS!!!!! Going from bad company 2 I’m seeing this and thinking holy shit… this is so fresh and epic. Mw2 to Mw3 I’m like.. oh yeah they look the same, sorry what was that? You changed the killstreaks? It’s basically just new levels? … Oh, how innovative.

SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!

15. endgame

so f**king awesome!! \o/

oh and G1GA? u R trolling!

16. noherczeg

Nope. It’s just Frostibe 2. Improved version of the previous one. More graphics but also more optimisation too.

It’s a completely different game than your COD and this is crystal clear. If you watch the video you can differentiate easily because this has a unique feeling to it. To achieve that immersion you don’t need these graphics let it be console or lower level pc.

I’ve been playing BC2 for 1,5years on low/med. Try to not search / point out so desperately your manufactured flaws please.

17. Maximum Payne

@16 What do you mean ”just Frostbyte 2” ?
    I think its best looking FPS.period.

18. G1GAHURTZ

@3:

Please have a look at the last 20 BF3 articles and bring some proof for that claim, sir!

19. G1GAHURTZ

OK, I’ll do it for you…

Not including this one, I’ve commented in 5 (yes, FIVE) out of the last 20 BF3 articles.

Thankyouverymuchsir!!!!!!

Trolling BF3!

Pffffft.

20. StolenGlory

Whoa – cool your jets there Com padre’, I never said you were trolling BF3 at all! Also, my claim of ‘every’ BF3 article was a summary exaggeration it seems :)

And for the record this:

“One, I commented bug fixes (What’s wrong with fixing bugs??). Another, I was a bit pedantic, but didn’t mention the quality of the game. Another, I said I didn’t care if it was on two discs for 360, as long as the game was “All that“. Another was so over the top, surely no-one took it seriously. In the fifth one, I said that I was waiting for reviews of the game before deciding to buy it.”

Is perfect proof to back up your actions which is great! In case you were wondering, no reply was forthcoming before now due to the fact I’ve just got home from a 27 minute or so car journey too! :)

21. G1GAHURTZ

Now, if I wanted to troll BF3, I’d have laughed hillariously at the 1.5m preorders that they’ve managed to get so far…

Like this:

LOL!!!!!!!! ONE POINT TWWWWWO FIVE MEEEEELLION!!?

Is that it!???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I didn’t, did I?

EDIT:

Nah, It’s cool, I’m just a bit defensive today. I know you didn’t say I was trolling. It was more for the benefit of the other people that I can’t be bothered to reply to…

22. StolenGlory

Dude! Seriously now, I never said you were trolling.

23. G1GAHURTZ

^^ See edit above.

24. StolenGlory

Ah, fair comment!

25. stretch215

That looks beautiful, too bad I don’t game on PC. Actually, are there usually servers that are gamepad only?. If so, I might actually buy this on PC. I can’t fucking stand KB+m. Amazing trailer….

26. Erthazus

Yeah well… it’s hard to say that something is wrong there.

It looks and feels impressive.

27. xino

again promoting the PC version.

acting as if PC aka Pirate Cheap gamers would buy the game on pc.
    Not knowing all they care about is pirating the hell out of it.

Bad Company 2 was pirated over 3million times!

28. Erthazus

@27, Herp Derp. There are pirates on Ps3 and Xbox 360 so your point here is invalid.

PC is where the hardcore gaming is. They are DICE, who started it’s development on the PC and will continue to push it forward.
    PC is where FPS genre was born. PC is where Battlefield was born and have a nice fanbase to this date.

So please, get off my lawn and if you can’t afford good PC it’s your only problem. Stop whining and enjoy console version. You will still going to get it.

29. M. K.

` Going from bad company 2 I’m seeing this and thinking holy shit… this is so fresh and epic.`

Haha, really funny :)

30. Cozzy

Looks fantastic, this is definitely a day one buy for me.

31. endgame

“are there usually servers that are gamepad only?” lol! do F1 drivers ever take them on the highway? seriously! stop it with the funny jokes! :)

32. maxowallis

Holy holy holy holy holy holy mother on a stick.

33. Christopher Jack

@28, Tired of hearing your elitist PC bullshit, please do all of us a favour & take you & your superiority complex elsewhere. The only message that comes out of every single one of your posts is “pc gaming>console gaming” Just because you’ve written it differently, doesn’t mean that you’ve changed anything other than the letters.

Now before you start bashing something you don’t agree with, at the very least try to think from their perspective, just because they have a different opinion, doesn’t automatically make them wrong & you right.

Now I don’t totally agree with Xino, clearly he hasn’t heard of the digital distribution revolution but still, the PC is infamous for piracy & it’s incredibly ignorant to argue otherwise- yes the PS3 & 360 has it’s pirates, but there’s just no comparison next to PC.

34. maxowallis

You know – I want to pre-order the game. Have the released specs? I just bought a HP Pavilion that plays Deus Ex on max settings …

35. Ireland Michael

@33 You could just… I don’t know… ignore him? Just a suggestion.

36. GrimRita

Amazing how many of you are turned on by the graphics. Surely, its gameplay that is important?!

37. noherczeg

You started it lol. You say that we pirate everything and are cheap etc wich isn’t a valid statement. He isn’t right either but please don’t start a conversation with that again because it’s boring and only good for flame wars.

DICE promotes the game from the best perspective wich is the PC version. You guys will still get yours too not like us when the console only great games come out. Everyone could be happy with their own platform yet you guys still come up with that bias thingy and that is why this game might not sell well on consoles imho.

ON:

The footage is awesome, imho the best so far from the SP ones. And I’m a proud PC preorder with an Acer notebook who will run it on 1366×768 low and will still enjoy it.

Gameplay will be judged when the game comes out and one played with it. If you haven’t tested something how would you determine if it plays well or not?

38. GwynbleiddiuM

Holy fuckin’ shit, this is my city, I’m so fuckin’ excited. Finally my city and I can unleash my RAGE on it.

@27 I wonder which platform has the most pirates these days, especially since Microsoft’s ban-hammers are more regular than before. Pirates gonna pirate, it’s not the platform’s problem, it’s the users of the platform. And FYI they show the PC version because it’s their lead platform and looks best, at the very least it would look much better than BC2 console version so, SHUT IT.

39. Erthazus

@33, you started it. I won’t answer to this never ending debate and i don’t want to really.

I didn’t said that PC is superior to console in that post.

Xino, said “again promoting the PC version.”

and i answered why. Because FPS is a very impotant genre for PC and DICE is important for PC and showing PC BF3 capabilities is a good marketing tool.

Also, there are pirates from 360|PS3 combined that are very close to PC. Pirates are everywhere, but saying things like: “Why someone promotes PC when it have a lot of pirates” or “PC has more pirates than the others” now thats bias.

40. HazeWulf Demonic

@ #9 That mortar is indeed interactive. I the begaining of that trailer when everyone is running, your actually carrying the mortar tube. The mortar will also be a gadget you can use in multi-player with HE rounds and smoke rounds. Thats going to be real fun to use in MP.