Bethesda confirms Skyrim, Prey 2, RAGE demos for QuakeCon

Thursday, 7th July 2011 14:47 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s just announced three demos for QuakeCon featuring Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, RAGE and Prey 2.

Skyrim will be publicly demoed for the first time by Bethesda Game Studios director Todd Howard, while the first public demo also of Prey 2 will see Human Head project lead Chris Reinhart behind the sticks.

The RAGE demo will be given by design director Matt Hooper, with the id shooter also available to play on the showfloor this year for the first time.

Bethesda also confirmed that John Carmack’s annual keynote will happen on August 4. Watch as the id techmaster gives the talk that will separate the men from the boys, as the hardcore sit and wait to see if we’ll finally get DOOM 4 shown to us at last.

QuakeCon takes place from August 4-7 in Texas.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Carmack drops bombs like Hiroshima.

2. Erthazus

DOOM 4 please!

Everyone is going to Quakecon in most cases for the DOOM or Quake announcements and Id software always fail to deliver that except for minor news like Quake 3 coming to the xbox 360 and blah blah blah

3. IL DUCE

Yeah DOOM 4 has to be there…might just be a teaser and an official announcement, but that’s good enough for me…

4. Erthazus

I need just a logo to be satisfied with it :D

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I have a feeling id is going to lay the SMACK DOWN on consoles this fall! Cannot WAIT for RAGE

6. xino

please!
    I hope d00m 4 will be there:(

7. OrbitMonkey

Looking forward to some of the gameplay vids that are gonna come out of this. Rage & Skyrim are 2 of my must have’s this year.

P.s. For all you guys hoping for Doom4, i’m sure I read on here some guy from Id say they wouldn’t even be looking at it till after Rage is released :( Still you can zombies on Blops, thats a close substitute right? ;)

8. abbe

Anyone know if there will be a live Videostream of the Carmack keynote? I really want to listen to it and not just read some blogged variant of it.