BioShock Infinite E3 demo to air on GTTV next week, Irrational releases teaser

Thursday, 30th June 2011 23:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Irrational’s confirmed that the full E3 demo of BioShock Infinite will air on a GameTrailers TV special next Thursday.

The episode will feature studio creative director Ken Levine talking about the game to host Geoff Keighley, before showing the full 15 minute demo.

But you’re not going home empty-handed, though: Irrational’s released two minutes worth of footage from the demo on its website, with an introduction to Levine.

It shows Booker and Elizabeth enter a novelty shop looking for something. We won’t spoil the end, but watching it, we’re just a tad excited for next week.

Video’s below. Infinite’s out next year for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Erthazus

Damn… This is fantastic.

the only part that dissappointed me was a part with “Games for Windows” logo.

2. SuperTechnoFunk

Oh goodness, I can’t wait! :D

3. IL DUCE

No wonder it won some Game of the Show awards…that was intense

4. endgame

this is insanely awesome! :)

5. Blerk

Wow!

6. Patrick Garratt

Game of all the years. So excited for this.

7. StolenGlory

360 footage as well by the looks of it…

8. Blerk

Apparently they only showed it on 360, so yeah. Tears a bit (although that could just be the video) but it’s a long way off yet. Plenty of time to sort that out.

9. themadjock

Looks amazing, I bet their glad their setting/time period has been so well received. You can tell that there is going to be a great emotional bond with both Booker and the player with her

10. KAP

I love that their showing us footage of the game, my only gripe with this is what they show is the emotional bits and bits thats meant to stand out, but if they show these parts of the game it simply wont have that impact come time to play it on your own console.

It’ll simply be.. “oh.. its this part they showed a year ago…kool”

I hope to god im wrong, i appreciate Ken Levine trying to explain the universe of Columbia which is great though.

Just show the bits that dont have a major impact on the character interactions with eachother, So its fresh when experiencing it for the first time.

11. themadjock

@10, good point. After this they can go quiet until release to save the spoilers. I hope the story is as good or better than the good old “Would you kindly” in the first game.

12. Moonwalker1982

Looks absolutely amazing, great atmosphere. It can be either PC or Xbox 360, doesn’t nessecarily have to be 360.

13. YoungZer0

I don’t know about this. Looks great and all, but I’m just bored playing on American country. This is as American as it gets. Full of American Culture. Boring as shit, if you ask me.

14. Blerk

That’s the whole point though, isn’t it? It’s “overly” American, a purposely over-idealised version of the real thing.

15. YoungZer0

@14: If that’s the whole point than i’m going to pass. Never understood the whole fanfare for Bioshock one either, didn’t have much fun playing it.

16. StolenGlory

At the risk of me sounding extremely stoopid, don’t the 360 visual face button prompts show it to be the 360 build?

17. Blerk

Nah, most PC games will swap the prompts over if you have a 360 pad connected these days.

All that said, Irrational themselves have confirmed it was the 360 version at E3. Apparently that’s the ‘easiest’ way to do it for a show.

18. kezwar

@15 Bioshock was fookin awesome! But everyone’s entitled to an opinion, and if you didn’t like it then you probably should avoid infinite. Looks awesome though, and I for one cannot wait for this game.

19. StolenGlory

Oh wow, I never actually knew that. Cheers Blerk.

Still drop dead gorgeous either way!

20. YoungZer0

@18: A friend of mine spoiled the ending for me, and when i played it for the first time, i was kind of bored by the cheap-jump-scare and horror effects. Everything seemed so, erm, what’s the word? Pretentious i guess. I played it for 4 hours and then stopped.

21. kezwar

You should cut your ‘friend’ out of your life for spoiling the best bloody bit about the game!

22. OrbitMonkey

I don’t need to see anymore i’m sold. I shall now ignore EVERYTHING till release.

23. YoungZer0

@21: To be fair, i was okay with it because i didn’t expect to get a new PC a month later.

24. kezwar

should of just played it on xbox!

25. themadjock

When does it go live for viewing on the web

26. KAP

The hint is in the title of this article you joker, GTTV?!

27. themadjock

That’s the interview, which wasn’t even posted when I posted my comment. i’m watching that now but in the UK 1AM on Thursday was nearly 31 hrs ago even for US time zones that’s a long time ago…..

looking for the proper 15 min demo

28. KAP

There you go.

Thats the full 15min footage…… with breaks.