THQ announces Saints Row: The Third for late 2011

Thursday, 3rd March 2011 00:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s announced the third installment in the Saints Row series, known as Saints Row: The Third, for a late 2011 release.

The publisher’s confirmed a holiday 2011 launch for PS3, 360 and PC.

The sequel sees the 3rd Street Saints become more of a household name than a gang. Now, though, another group, known as the Syndicate, wants tribute and respect from 3rd Street. Refusing to do so, the two end up going to war.

SR: The Third is in development at Volition. Obviously, Mr Bilson’s excited.

“Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organization,” said THQ’s core games boss.

“There‚Äôs no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm.”

The game will be on the next front cover of Game Informer in its April issue.

The images of the game that appeared earlier this month have also been confirmed, with it being one of the covers for the magazine.

1. Crysis

Day one for me! :D

2. Caleb_LK

^Same for me, as long as they manage to keep some of the humor that made saints 1+2 so great

3. DSB

Sold!

4. stlthriot

Sounds great! :D

5. RockTwist

Looking forward to this, hope the graphics take a step up this time.

6. Blerk

Cool. Can’t wait to see it! :-)

Not sure about the name, though.

7. Crysis

Hope they have more explosions, be fun to burn a few towers to the ground :D

“you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm”
    I hope that’s a literal statement & it won’t be limited to the one city, okay I don’t expect to travel through all of America on my helicopter but going to an airport to travel between 3-5 cities would be nice.

8. mathare92

Won’t be surprised if it gets pushed to 2012. Though I would say that about quite a few that are scheduled for “late 2011″.

9. M2Kx

As i said before the “real” announcement, this is a must day one buy for me. But am I the only one who’s a bit confused about this “on top of the world” thing? Sounds kind of gta 4 serious business like what I truly dislike.

Anyway, a hype trailer would be nice :P

10. The_Red

Keep the insane side missions, humor and awesome unique voices for main character and I’m sold.

11. Crysis

@9, Except at the start you’re a somebody, unlike GTA IV which seems entirely focused on trying to become a somebody…