Black Ops getting double XP weekend

Monday, 31st January 2011 06:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

blackops

Activision will hold a double XP weekend for Black Ops this weekend, developer Treyarch confirmed in a new episode of Major Nelson’s podcast.

The event will kick off from Friday through Sunday, and comes as the first map pack for the shooter, First Strike, launches tomorrow on Xbox Live first.

All other platforms will also get in the action too, according to a tweet from Treyarch community boss Josh Olin.

Thanks, TSA.

1. polygem

I hate double xp weekends. People get banned for boosting xp but double xp weekends are ok? Xp is for shitheads anyway in most games. In cod games for sure. Prestige is a joke. Useless. I prestiged 3 times and will stay there now. It’s been 3 times to often. All i got was an emblem and 2 slots. Yeah i knew it before. Same shit every time. Why arent there proper achievements for a mp game like cod? Ill never understand that. What i also hate is all the fucked up matches, connection issues that go straight to a lost match in your combat record. Makes it pretty useless as well. I still love blops though, get the map pack day one and boost my xp into senselessness…

2. Yoshi

@1 Jesus women decide on your thoughts! “Ohhh I’m all butt hurt but I’m still guna buy the map pack day one *thumbs up*” Seriously wtf? Your everything that is wrong with gaming today and the Call of Duty franchise! Hang your head in shame boy

3. OrbitMonkey

@2 LOL, say it how it is mate :)
    Taking a break from blops, need to freshen my palette. Go back to try the new maps (on ps3). Personally i sometimes wish they’d release weapon packs too. Some of the smg’s from WaW would be cool.

4. M2Kx

hehe I’m also a bit confused of the first comment :D
    Didn’t play Black Ops for three weeks. Played Mass Effect 1, SC: Conviction and some Arcades. Mass Effect 2 and Crackdown 2 are also waiting, but First Strike and MVC3 are also incoming soon, *sigh* It’s tough to be me xD

5. Shaz37k

well said yoshi

6. XxT_I_K_IxX_PR

I’m gonna be too busy playing the KZ3 beta :D so fuck COD!

7. DSB

@1 How stupid can you get?

You didn’t realize that prestige really meant what it said – Prestige? You get a nice badge and the opportunity to show that you fight just as well at level 5 as you do at level 70.

Personally I think that’s great. Every prestige I try a different set of weapons. I’ll never be interested enough to prestige ten times, but it was a nice challenge.

I’m also pretty sure that the intent of a double XP weekend is to allow casual players to get some extra levels in. That’s an event and a service to the community, and since it’s applied to everyone without any specific advantage, hardly cheating.

Read the label before you buy the product, champ.