Chair’s Ender’s Game project canned

Wednesday, 15th December 2010 08:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

endersgame

Remember the Ender’s Game title Chair said it was working on back in January 2008? It isn’t any more.

Chair Entertainment co-founder Donald Mustard told Joystiq: “We have and had an amazing design for the Ender’s Game game, but one of [parent company] Epic’s primary objectives is to create original and unique franchises. I don’t know that Ender’s Game fits into that strategic objective anymore.”

Just in case that wasn’t clear enough: will it be finished?

“Probably not. Not from us.”

If anyone fancies a crack at Orson Scott Card’s sci-fi novel, however, Chair’s all ears.

“If anyone decides they want to make it,” Mustard added, “I have some ideas I’d love to talk to them about.”

Chair’s just released Infinity Blade for iDevices, which appears to have made a super-ton of money.

1. Blerk

We only want Shadow Complex 2, anyway. Do that! :-)

2. onlineatron

Translated ‘Infinty Blade made us a shit ton of cash, so Epic is making us create more iPhone games annd support IB’

Still, not much of a loss… I’m not keen on supporting Card’s homophobic lifestyle.

3. Blerk

He is a bit of a knob, isn’t he?

4. spiderLAW

Orson is still a good writer anyways. Ender’s Game and Ender’s Shadow were amazing books regardless of how Scott Card decides to live his life.

5. Von Dies

Well fuck me. I would have loved something off of Ender’s Game. Also, I’m pretty keen on supporting his alternative-energy-source-seeking lifestyle.

6. onlineatron

In fairness I haven’t read the books.

Still I feel ‘icky’ funnelling money into the lifestyle of someone who dismisses gays as ‘simply confused’.

Anyway, I’m off to watch some Mickey Mouse cartoons.
    /hypocrite