UK charts: F1 2010 passes Reach to get to number 1

Monday, 27th September 2010 10:22 GMT By Johnny Cullen

f13

F1 2010 has thrown Halo: Reach from the number one spot from the UK charts, GfK Chart-Track’s confirmed this morning.

The title is the first F1 title to go to the top spot since Sony held the rights to the F1 IP with Formula One 2001 for PS2.

F1 2010 has also outsold Formula One 2001 by more then ten times, as well as outselling both the Bungie shooter and fellow new entry Dead Rising 2 combined.

Reach stays in second with an 80 percent decline in sales, while DR2 enters at three.

Civilization V enters at four and Sports Champions rounds the top five.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is a new entry at six, with the collector’s edition of Final Fantasy XIV finishing the top ten.

Get the full top ten for the week ending September 25 below. Last week’s data is here.

1 – F1 2010 (Codemasters Birmingham, Codemasters)
2 – Halo: Reach (Bungie, Microsoft)
3 – Dead Rising 2 (Blue Castle Games, Capcom)
4 – Civilization V (Firaxis Games, 2K)
5 – Sports Champions (Zindagi Games, SCE)
6 – Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Neversoft, Activision)
7 – Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
8 – Mafia II (2K Czech, 2K)
9 – Toy Story 3 (N-Space, Disney)
10 – Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix, Square Enix)

1. Johnny Cullen

Very surprised at that.

Still deserved, though. That’s a proper F1 title.

2. Blerk

Well… blimey! I really didn’t think F1 had it in it.

3. troyx

well that’s surprising. i really thought that dead rising 2 would get the first spot.

well done codemasters

4. M2Kx

What the…?
    But hey, DR2 is on 3. \o/

5. Blerk

F1 outsold Halo and Dead Rising 2 combined, according to ChartTrack.

6. BULArmy

Yeah Johnny I think we lost rubber banding AI in the beginning of the century…
    On the other hand it is a pretty good game but I think it sold so well because we didn’t have a multiplat F1 game for 8 years.

7. AHA-Lambda

guitar hero 6 came out? O__o

8. Johnny Cullen

I didn’t even know it was out until I seen an ad for it on Thursday.

9. DrDamn

Codies seem to have done a great job, but agree on the point that a multiplat F1 game has been a long time coming and that has a fair bit to do with it.

10. loki

LOL PC port of Darcksiders not enter in Top 20 in 1st week. Epic Fail. THQ you idiots

1. F1 2010
    12. TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 11
    13. RED DEAD REDEMPTION
    14. SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2
    15. KANE & LYNCH 2: DOG DAYS
    16. MASS EFFECT 2
    17. NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT
    18. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS.
    19. WII SPORTS RESORT
    20. LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4

11. Blerk

Hardly surprising Darksiders didn’t chart – I can’t find a single store stocking it. Is it even out?

12. cookiejar

I’m still staggered Toy Story 3 is in the top ten. Cracker of a game, but I didn’t expect it to still be around.

13. RoarrrUK

Great game. Played on PC @ ultra settings. Stunning but…
    Check the codies forums out.

This title has tons of bugs.
    It corrupted my save data on the ps3 and pc. Just wipes it. You have to backup after every race.
    The AI sometimes don’t pit.
    Your engineer says ‘webber’ is 5 seconds behind and in fact he’s an inch off your rear wing.
    The quali times are completely out.

and many many more.

I’m hoping for a patch. Still a cracking title, just needs some work.

14. endgame

and I thought console users were mindless idiots. well, it looks like they r not that stupid. F1 is a good game. :)

15. Johnny Cullen

@13 Really? Thank God I got the 360 version, then.

16. RoarrrUK

All the bugs listed affect the 360 version as well :)

I put in about 15 hours over the weekend and then lost it all. Very annoying.

17. Callum

Jesus, I’m not ashamed to say I was suprised by this!
    Still, good job Codemasters etc.
    Shame about the bugs, the ones listed sound like something the QA should be catching really.

18. freedoms_stain

I wonder how much the fact that the UK has a decent driver on the F1 tour is affecting the popularity of the game in the UK.

19. Grimrita

Bravo to Civ 5 making it in to the top 5 for a single format title and on a so called ‘dead’ format at that. And the fact is only an average game thanks to the shaming AI.

And why are people surprised that F1 went to the top, its multi format.

20. back_up

UK and Europe are huge fan of racing games.
    Wait and see how GT5 kills Halo sales wise

21. A4-F8

Congratulation

22. undeadwolfy

@20 Amen

23. RomaTotti10

@10 Darksiders was number 15 on the PC Chart but I don’t think it has had the whole week to sell. It will probably come in higher next week.

24. Anaron

I gotta say, I’m surprised it passed Halo: Reach. What’s equally as surprising is Civilization V making it to the top 5. It’s a PC-only title going up against a AAA X360 title and multi-platform racer.