Extended Deliver Hope trailer released for Halo: Reach

Wednesday, 8th September 2010 17:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

reach

Bungie has released the extended version of its Halo: Reach live-action short, Deliver Hope.

Like the previous video released last month, Deliver Hope shows Spartans vs Covenant fighting it out for survival – only more of it.

Get it below, courtesy of Machinima.

Halo: Reach launches next week on September 14 for Xbox 360.

Start practicing your “call in sick to work” voice now.

1. MushroomStamp

Sure wish there was a TV Show like this.

2. Johnny Cullen

That is an absolutely epic video.

3. Erthazus

This is the only thing that is awesome in Halo… I mean a cinematic trailer. They should make a movie.

But when you play the game, it’s absolutely different feel. Everything around you is lifeless. Just sad. If Valve/Dice/Splash Damage/Id software/Crytek could make Halo, it would be brilliant, awesome and felt like a war.

4. Mourinho

Fantastic.

5. Tallon 4

Hot damn! What a great vid that is! I’m pumped for the release!

6. Dralen

Let’s HOPE that Halo: Reach is as good as this trailer. Haha see what I did there.

7. Len

Too good.

Can’t wait… :)

8. AHA-Lambda

zomg awesome!!!

9. Gheritt White

@ 3: I see your words, but all I can read is “I’M SO LONELY AND NOBODY LIKES ME!!! WHY CAN’T I GET LAID???”

People who play Halo get laid. FACT.

10. polygem

I cant f@&€”!?g wait anymore!!!

11. The Hindle

The bit where he chucks the bomb into all the convenant lacked the following words. “Fucking Ave it you Alien Bastards”

12. Tallon 4

@ 11: It would be awesome when the Chief showed up, dropped the bomb in that Covenant carrier and Cortana would say something like “Now would be a very good time to leave!”

13. Erthazus

@9 butthurted Halo fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Af4zxwrvM&feature=related — True. These guys get laid! Absolutely. Ohhh, snap, i forgot it’s you. Owww :3

14. Patrick Garratt

@13 – That video’s amazing.

15. Gheritt White

@ 13: Stop trying to flirt with me, I’m not interested.

16. Erthazus

@14 “I am not fucking screaming this is my normal voice!!!” (с) :lol:

@15 you have a cute voice ! Schwing! :lol: :3

17. Tallon 4

@ 14: Amazing vid? Seems rather sad…that guy is really fubar

18. YoungZer0

You know what would be awesome? A game like this! Pity Bungie is incapable of doing something this good.

Still, the ODST Trailer was much better.

19. spiderLAW

All these live action Trailers rock socks but the games arent as good. I still like playing Halo 2 split-screen from time to time and i enjoy an occasional sitdown with Halo 3 and ODST but man, they have so much potential to be so much more. They are still satisfyingly fun though. Fun enough for me to have already pre-ordered Reach since it was announced :)

20. theevilaires

Nah nope it wasn’t all that good. Looked like a mix between power rangers and star ship troopers movies. Why do they always have to show woman as Spartans inside the helmet like its so hot and sexy that OMG its a chic kinda thing.
    (Maybe cause the Halo fan base are filled with raging nerd virgins probably).

Don’t know why M$ hasn’t been in talks about a TV show with the Sci-Fi channel if they are serious about turning Halo into a real thing beyond video games.

A KillZone one of these would be infinite better of course. SONY has proper talent to do so. (meaning as their movie studios)

21. itsucks

ErzaTWAT delivers again its stupidity, Go play Lagzone3 on you pieceofshit3 or something.

22. Psychotext

“Why do they always have to show woman as Spartans inside the helmet”

When was the last time they showed a female Spartan’s face in a trailer?

Anyway, would love to see them put some of this talent towards a movie. Would be geektastic. Same goes for Blizzard.

23. stretch215

@13 I fucking cried watching that video

24. manamana

I really like the Halo series. Gameplay and lasting fun is unmatched. The graphics were always shitty, though. Like much to clean. Thats why this trailer looks good. Its the Dirt! And the smoke! And the particles flying around! Got that Bungie? What, to late? Than go and make it happen on the station.

25. Crysis

“Why do they always have to show woman as Spartans inside the helmet like its so hot and sexy that OMG its a chic kinda thing.
    (Maybe cause the Halo fan base are filled with raging nerd virgins probably).”
    No, they show a woman because she’s the second in command of Noble team, Kat-B320, you can actually see her codename @ 1.23, the other Spartan is the no-named guy you play from start to finish.

26. Gadzooks!

Simply awesome.

Only 5 days to the greatest gaming event of this generation and it just cannot come soon enough! :)

27. Crysis

wonder if GAME is having a midnight launch in Aus, hope so but i doubt it, i think only JB Hi-Fi is, remembering us Aussie are 8-10 hours infront of you Brits, so if i got it at the regular opening time, & you got it at a midnight launch, we could play at the same time :P

28. Blerk

That’s still surprisingly good. The marketing for this might’ve cost a small fortune, but it’s certainly doing its job – I’ve found myself wondering whether to give Reach (and/or ODST) a whirl despite not thinking that much of Halo 3.

If only they’d put a similar level of effort into the marketing for their other titles. Imagine if Alan Wake had had a campaign like this, for instance?

29. Gadzooks!

@Crysis

I worked in Melbourne for a couple months and just trying to synch up with the missus for phone sex, er I mean phone calls, was awkward enough! But I’d love to try to hook up for some multiplayer some time.

Maybe we should start a Reach forum thread to exchange gamertags and organise some games?

30. Isaaclarke37

I think that’s the best live action trailer made for a game i have ever seen, full of drama.
    I was never a big fan of Halo i always wasn’t supporting it, but it seems this is about to change.