First Resident Evil 6 info coming “shortly,” says Inafune

Thursday, 2 September 2010 08:26 GMT By Johnny Cullen


Sounds like we’re going to be waiting a lot less than eight years for this.

Capcom’s Keiji Inafune has said in an interview with a Spanish website at a Dead Rising 2 event in Spain that we’ll hear the first information on Resident Evil 6 “shortly”.

This is what he said, according to Google Translated text:

“Given the great success that supposed for us Resident Evil 5, we want that Resident Evil 6 leaves as rapidly as possible to the market. In fact, you will shortly have the news of Capcom about this…”

Hitting the reboot drum

Nothing is known of the game right now, but whatever happens it won’t be under the leadership of RE5 producer Jun Takeuchi, who won’t be involved at all.

Before the release of Resi 5 back in March 2009, Takeuchi said the next title will give the series a reboot.

Tokyo Game Show sounds like a good guess, si? Keep them peeled.

Since its release last March, RE5 has sold 5.3 million copies as of December last year.

Thanks, GAF (via Kotaku.)