Amazon France lists Team ICO Collection

Monday, 28th June 2010 14:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

shadowofthecolossus

Hate to say we told you so. But we told you so. Amazon France has listed the Team ICO Collection for June 2011 at €69.95.

We were previously been told that the pack is coming, and that it will include PS2 classics ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

A further report cited it for a Q1 2011 release.

Sounds as though Sony’s very keen on the whole remix idea: SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida said at E3 that more HD collections are being considered.

Thanks, Alakratt.

1. mington

dans la maison

2. Shagger

€69.95, fucking daylight robbery. I don’t pay more than £20 for my games!

3. theevilaires

SOLD never played SoTC so I need to redeem myself :D

4. Gekidami

The God of War Collection was half that price, i assume Amazon are taking some liberties.

5. Blerk

They can’t seriously be going to call it ‘The Team Ico Collection’? They’re not even called ‘Team Ico’!

6. No_PUDding

They are always taking liberties, which is why this is hardly confirmation.

This was around Pre-E3.

GamesCOM or TGS will bring this around. Good to know Yoshida is quite close to the Japanese side, and is aware of the interest, it means that a Team ICO Collection is mre likely.

7. Blerk

And TEA, you are now dead to me. Bad show!

8. No_PUDding

Yeah, calling it Team ICO Collection would ruin the magic.

Should be called “Japan Studio Collection”

*sarcasm*

What else could it actually be called?

9. mington

June 2011!?! this is clearly just a place holder to get some early preorders

10. Blerk

“The Fumito Ueda Collection” would be more accurate. Although it doesn’t trip off the tongue quite so readily if you’re not Japanese, I suspect. :-)

11. theevilaires

Hey when that game came out I was in hella financial problems. I sold my video gaming store, the IRS was up my ass and I had too many issues with a lot of females I use to date back then. I was swamped and on top of that I bought a XBOX and Halo had me by the balls.

I’m sorry but now I have a second chance. A new lease on life and dammit I’m gonna get to enjoy this baby for my first time in HD with trophies! :D many of you wish you could experience that first high again like I will soon :P

12. No_PUDding

Halo, is your reason for not playing Shadow of the Colossus?You were playing Halo 4 years late – Shadow was out in 2006.

Anyway, there’s not a tidy name for this collection.

‘The Ueda Collection’ sounds horrible.

13. lirky

@11 i really never played sotc, but i breifly played ico. So itll still feel new to me as well.

14. Blerk

They seriously are two of the best games ever made. They should call it “The Super Fucking Awesome Collection HD”.

15. DaMan

The Artsy Fartsy Hits Collection, easy to memorize and makes sense too.

16. Dr.Ghettoblaster

The date, price, and title seem a bit off…….but positive news nonetheless!

17. mington

i think SotC will be a lesser experence for having achievements

kill ten snakes
    reach the secret garden
    etc

the achievements should just be used for the time trails after you complete the game

Im playing Alan Wake at the moment, and the thing thats at the forefront of my mind the whole time i’m playing is not the story, not the atmosphere but the next achievement.

don’t get me wrong, i love chevo’s, just sometimes:

acheviements = anti-immersion

18. spiderLAW

i havent touched either game. I layed he demo for SOTC and had no idea what the fuss was all about. I will buy this and play them because everybody is always talking about how AWESOME these games are.

19. theevilaires

Yes I played Halo late (didn’t buy a XBOX until 2005) but it made the experience that much better just like SoTC will be.

20. Aimless

I don’t really see what’s wrong with Team ICO Collection, that is the name of the development team and there isn’t really a more fitting umbrella term for the games.

Besides, it could be called the Huge Fat Cocks Collection for all the bearing it will have on those likely to buy it in the first place. In fact the games might accidentally sell a few more copies that way.

21. Alakratt

oh shit! Your welcome Johnny!

22. itsucks

@15: LOL SO TROO.

What a rip-off, it should be made cheaper than getting them for the overpriced crap they asked on ps2, not more expensive! But oh well, GoW Colletion costs the double than GoWIII now, lol.

Hope it bombs…

… again.

23. DaMan

@Aimless yeap,

Hardcore Art Collection. 9 million guaranteed.

24. Alakratt

@ Blerk

You know, I’ve thought about its name, but nothing comes to mind. Damn, gave some more thought and still, NOTHING comes to mind!

25. Blerk

@20, except “Team Ico” isn’t the name of the development team. I know they’re flagged as such all over Wikipedia and that’s what everyone over here calls them, but the games themselves are just branded with Sony’s ‘Japan Studio’ logo.

26. No_PUDding

You know…. I really think…

“The Super Fucking Awesome Collection HD”

…Would sell. So discussion over.

27. Alakratt

My guess is that they’ll call it the ICO Collection. Since Ico is popular and SOTC is its spiritual sequel. And everyone that buys this would’ve no doubt already played it on PS2, seen it or at least, heard about it.

28. sennasnit

stfu you fuckwit.

29. metamorphic

Best news I’ve heard all year. Team Ico is what the studio is known as in Japan by the way, with both the gaming press there and most people referring to them as such. It’s a team who creates and molds these masterpieces, not just a single person.

30. Erthazus

I.

Want.

This.

Piece.

Of.

Masterpiece.

Now.

31. ivycrew707

If other companies can do two and three games in such a short time, why would it take square years to do FF7 HD. I’m sure I read that somewhere

32. Aimless

@25 I assume your real name isn’t Blerk, but that is what everyone on the internet calls you. As far as we’re concerned that’s what you’re called.

Whether it actually says Team ICO on Ueda’s business card doesn’t really matter, it’s the most pervasive and identifiable name for that group of developers. Their internal branding is probably a lot drier — Japan Studio Research and Development 3 — or maybe they don’t even use a name at all, but in lieu of an official title everyone’s just had to create one. So, for all intents and purposes Team ICO is their name, even if they didn’t choose it themselves.

33. Blerk

How dare you, of course my real name is Blerk! I don’t need a surname. :-)

34. No_PUDding

Does Mrs Blerk? Or did I just answer my own question?

35. Aimless

Bobby Lerk. A.k.a. “Bloody” Bobby Lerk, the Bodmin Lurker.

I might have to expand on that and add it to Wikipedia. So long as I can get more people believing it than know your actual name it’ll become fact, and within a few years you’ll be lurking in Cornish back alleys.

36. Howie Feltersnatch

Hey, my real name is Howie Feltersnatch……..ofcourse my wife has a few things to say about it……..

37. Johnny Cullen

Blerk Zlerk.

It’s all I had, really.

38. Tourette syndrome guy

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. Shubb9

@35 prob in bodmin gaol next to the sheep fucking exhibit

40. onlineatron

Perhaps Ueda should given a name to the universe the three games are set in… Then we could call the collection by that name.

41. Galactic_Barret

Team Ico Collection, call it a day.

42. g00nerz

I’m on hold playing through SoTC because the cameras awful frame rate when fighting the collosi makes it a horribly straining on me’ poor eyeballs. Hopefully an upgrade will remedy this.

43. Shagger

Who said they’re going to release both games on one disc? If Sony had any sliver of intelligence then they’d release the games separate from each other and make a ton of money, gamers will buy them anyway…

44. AHA-Lambda

splinter cell trilogy for ps3??

well it aint ico but still its awesome :D