Takeuchi not working on Resi 6, has other plans

Sunday, 27th June 2010 11:23 GMT By Joe Anderson

Takeuchi

Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi has said he won’t be involved in the production of Resident Evil 6.

Speaking in an interview with 4Gamer, Takeuchi made it clear he has other projects he wants to focus on.

“I’m not involved in Resident Evil 6. There’s actually a number of things I want to do,” he said.

Takeuchi was asked what those others things are, but he wasn’t giving much away.

“If I say it like that, it might be taken as ‘next game,’ but before reaching the step of making a game, we — Japanese developers — have a lot of things that we must do,” he said.

“To begin, I have a number of things I’d like to do related to Capcom as a whole.”

Takeuchi added: “This year’s Capcom is very interesting. The titles we’ll announce in the future will surprise many people.

“We’ll be announcing this year the things that Inafune and I have been working on over the past year.”

Takeuchi has said previously that he wasn’t going to be involved in the Resident Evil series.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. Alakratt

I have no problem with this. Jun can stay the fuck away from the RE series!

2. Erthazus

^ I agree.

3. Bulk Slash

Me too. RE5 was a weak clone of RE4 that sawed off all the good bits in favour of dumbing down to chase the third person shooter market.

4. Dralen

Had nice graphics though :P.

5. xino

good, now the game will not be racist:P
    good, now the game will be less action:P
    good, now the game will be more scary:P

6. chronoss2

Thank god for this! F*** off Mister Takeuchi. RE5 was crap, and this news makes me kind of optimistic

7. AHA-Lambda

good! Leave and never return!!

8. Neolucifer

don’t let the door hit you on the way out , dear Jun …

9. chronoss2

haha, seems like nobody likes this man :D
    RE5 and Lost Planet (1 and 2) are very boring.

10. DaMan

he already said that.. like three times I think.

11. Blerk

Poor chap. :-D

I never did buy Resi 5 in the end. Maybe I’ll pick it up super-cheap some day. If I run out of decent games.

12. AHA-Lambda

@11 – just rent it really. I got gold edition cheap, i still feel dirty =/

13. mington

@11 its definitely worth a play through….um, actually wait now thinking back…..i had some fun in the challenge mode and it looks really pretty

the natives village was good