Tetsuya Nomura to make E3 appearance

Tuesday, 1st June 2010 10:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Versus XIII

Siliconera is reporting that Kingdom Hearts creator and Fnal Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura is popping along to E3 for a visit. This is the bit where you start freaking out over what may happen with him about.

Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto broke the news on the Japanese Twitter of Square Enix’s Members group.

“Next week, after a long time, Director Nomura will go on a business trip to E3,” he tweeted.

What could happen with Nomura at E3 is unknown. Hell, could be nothing, but the assumption may be that a re-reveal for Versus XIII might be back on the cards again, having previously said that it may not make the event earlier this year.

We can only hope.

1. The Hindle

Oh great more crappy girly haired men games then.

2. mington

\o/ more crappy girly haired games!

3. The Hindle

:D

4. Erthazus

“What could happen with Nomura at E3 is unknown”

Shoulder tap with Don Matrick :D ofc

5. The Hindle

Just spotted a typo Johnny its Final Fantasy not Fnal fantasy.

6. daytripper

i’ve got the petition ready, just waiting for confirmation.

7. lirky

Maybe hes there to tap someone on the shoulder about making ffxiii versus multiplat. If this happens then oh well.

8. zoopdeloop

There won’t be any “tapping” and especially by Nomura.If Versus XIII is going to be announced as a multiplatform title(which it will much later on) it will be by another SE staff member and by different means.

9. lirky

yea, i wonder if nomura will do a hideo kojima move where u assign or pick a company to redistribute your game. like silicon knights did for mgs2 subsistence on xbox.

It being exclusive will pay off for square enix like it did with ff7,ff8,ff9, and ffx. FFxiii multiplatform didnt pay off because it was last minute, if ffxiii versus is last minute then itll be the same in terms of sales and gamer support for the product.

10. bytemap

No offense, but Xbox didn’t exist when FF7, FF8, or FF9 existed. Xbox was when FFX was out, but Square didn’t see the possibility of extra sales.

Also, you have to consider that at the time of that console generation, RPG was bought more than FPS games on a console. In fact, FPS games on a console then stunk. This current generation is letting game developers know what the MASS Market wants and not everyone else that would love a good/great RPG.

FFXIII still made “their” sales goals if the HEAD of Square Enix mentions that they are in discussion of Versus XIII possibly going Multi-Platform. Not definitive, but dependent on their Investors.

Basically it comes down to money, and unfortunately to make more games and possibly great ones for newer generations and fans, they will do what they must to make that buck. Even if it means going multi-platform.

Plus, no offense, but FFXIII wasn’t a last minute choice, they had decided that long ago. It’s just as a publicity stunt it makes sense to spike it as a “last minute” decision.

Either way, I hope they just come out with the game already. I just want to play it no matter what platform.

11. Phoenixblight

The port was a last minute they made the port in less than a year and look at the quality of the game. Also the sales Ps3 from the Xbox 360 were laughable.

12. Erthazus

@11 lauhable or not, Xbox 360 version sold for more then 1 million copies.

13. Phoenixblight

For sure but I am also sure if Square had put more attention to the game it would have sold more. I am not a fan boy by any means my point is if they plan on making FFXIII Vs multiplat I hope they put more attention to the port.

14. OlderGamer

What I can’t seem to figure out is why a game also being on a system a gamer doesn’t own is a bad thing?

If you own only a xbox360 why would a PS3 version of the game bother you. Same is true for PS3 only owners. Thats just dumb.

Being multiplat doesn’t cheapen the experience. Doesn’t take away one once of fun. Complaining about a game going multiplat makes you look like a fool. Like an arogant and ignorant fool.

Games go multiplat simply because, as Erth pointed out, they can generate more sales. Be it SQE, Epic, Insomniac, or Bungie, they don’t care what system you play games on, only that there game is also on that system for you to buy it.

Being a mouth piece for a system is just about as foolish as a gamer can get.

Edit:

And before someone tries and blames a multiplat version for bad sloppy ports or extended dev times … think about it. Whos fault is that to begin with? The other system or the folks doing to translation/porting/planning?

15. bytemap

I’ve played both versions and to be quite honest, I don’t see a physical difference. I’m not going to judge a game by a still screenshots others have uploaded or possibly tweaked, but more on gameplay. And with all that action going around, it’s pretty hard to tell the difference unless I like to nitpick at little things.

To be honest, I and even “WE” can’t assume the possibilities of how far a game can go on a single console just because they we haven’t developed for it. So when I hear a version of a multi-platform game is inferior, I laugh because of how a majority are taking speculations as fact. (only considering FF here, not Bayonetta or Bioshock as I’ve seen those physical differences :))

Also, if you were in a business where you made millions off of games, would you honestly make a “LAST MINUTE” decision to port it to another console? I HIGHLY doubt that, all those decisions where considered and decided on WAY before hand. Again, I laugh on what people take seriously and even if me and everyone else take what others say seriously on here. LOL

16. Galactic_Barret

Same would go for 360 > PS3 ports, right OG? I tend to believe its a devs responsibility to make them equal between the two.

Also, I believe this leads to the MP announcement. I just hope that, in the future, they learn to deemphasize exclusivity, especially if they are thinking MP at any point in development.