Remedy: Alan Wake will get “a conclusive and satisfactory ending”

Wednesday, 20th January 2010 16:32 GMT By Johnny Cullen

alanwake4

Remedy has revealed in a live chat to fans that Alan Wake will have “a conclusive and satisfactory ending.”

When asked what the recently announced DLC would contain, the studio’s CFO Mika Reini said: “We’re concentrating fully on Alan Wake now.

“The announcement of DLC was made by [head of MS's Entertainment and Devices] Robbie Bach, but we’re going to wrap this one up first before going into more detail about downloadable content.

“What I can tell you is that Alan Wake will have a conclusive and satisfactory ending,” he further added.

Speaking on the subject of the DLC, Reini stated: “We have some really great ideas for DLC but, to be honest, they are still at an idea stage and will be defined later on.”

Remedy also reiterated the spring 2010 release date given by writer Sam Lake at E3 last summer .

Hang in there, Radioheads. The wait’s nearly over.

1. Bulk Slash

After all this time it had better be good. I think I’ve still got my Play.com pre-order from 5 years ago…

2. PolyGoneWithTheWind

His batteries run out after the shops have shut…

3. Petulant Radish

I can haz now pleez?

Perhaps he dies, or everyone dies, or it’s all a dream like Sunset Beach and he’s actually on his way to wherever it is.

Whatever it is, I’d like to see some more gameplay then running about a forest with a torch, if it is all that, then I’m less interested.

4. DaMan

exactly :)

5. Eregol

You mean it’ll finish?
    Like it’s development history will finally come to an end too?
    I aint holding my breath.

6. polygem

wow that probably means dlc in 2015 or so…come on guys finally bring this game. expectations are extremely high for this one because they made so much promises and it took forever to finish the game. also ´spring 2010´still sounds to me like ´probably delayed again´..i doubt that it will be that good…but i really really hope that i´m wrong.

7. manamana

Is it just me, or does he looks like he has pooped his pants?

Anyway Day one purchase.

8. DJ Deathstar

Looks like his about to, face seems to say its a bit lodged at the moment