EA’s European boss, Jens-Uwe Intat, is taking aim at the Modern Warfare franchise with Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and the “first blow” is the game’s launch on March 2 and 5 in the US and Europe, respectively.
“In March we will launch Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which is our first strong attack on Call Of Duty,” he told MCV (via CVG). “The shooter space is one we don’t want to give up. It’s an important genre and we were the number one.
“So we are certainly working on how we can get that crown back and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an important product in that context.”
Fightin’ words are being thrown at Infinity Ward company-wide, apparently, because earlier in the week BFBC2 producer Karl-Magnus Troedsson said that the franchise “has always been deeper” than its rivals.
Citing the game’s team-play as a “very important” part of the series, Troedsson said that a lot of the other shooters are “still in team deathmatch mode,” which is just a way for “people playing to get the maximum score” and not work together.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.