OMG ODST: Nearly one million served in one day

Thursday, 24th September 2009 01:57 GMT By Nathan Grayson

halo3recon

Think the Halo franchise finally jumped the shark with ODST? Think again. Straight from Bungie comes word that Halo 3: ODST has roped in nearly one million players in a single day.

As of our last look at Bungie’s page, the exact number of players sits at 958,137. These ODST afficianados have logged a total of 5,740,372 games. In 24 hours. That’s totally bonkers, if you ask us.

No, it’s all right, Master Chief. Keep sleeping. Your exceedingly green presence is missed, but Bungie has a new green giant in its life: a fresh mountain of cash.

1. theevilaires

and 3/4 of them disappointed for paying a high premium for an over hyped piece of DLC. (Yes I have played it)

2. jkoz

Same, had it for a week now. Should’ve been $30 MAX.

3. Jadeskye

it’ll be $30 in 8 weeks.

4. bytemap

I’d say they paid it for the story if at most. Granted no game is worth $60. That’s right, you heard me. NO GAME!!! $50 was too expensive in my eyes and $60 is just worst.

They price games at most $40, but I rather they start at $30. Many companies would see sells sky rocket, but alas, most people would rather pay $60.

So there you have it. Many may complain and not like it, but for those who want it NOW…guess what, they’ll pay. So those who want it cheaper have to wait. So the cycle continues on.

5. Psychotext

Rated 4.5/5.0 on the marketplace at the moment… so I’d say people are pretty happy with it.

I grabbed it for £28 and so far it’s my second favourite Halo game. (Halo > Halo ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 2)

6. theevilaires

I say sequels should be $40 like MotorStormPR and Gears2. They really weren’t that much of a big improvement over the originals.

7. Blerk

The high price point doesn’t appear to have stopped everyone from buying it on day one, judging by my friends list. So obviously Microsoft were absolutely right to ship it as a full-price product. Because you all bought it anyway! Like sheep! Baa! :-D

8. endgame

Blerk people will only pay that much for only just a few games that they really like. but the fact that they did so for this game doesn’t make Microsoft’s decision a good one. well, maybe for them, but for us, no, it’s very bad for us. ofc most of u ppl living in your shiny palaces won’t give a sh1t about it but for most of the others who live in countries who r just now growing, where the average paycheck per month is no more than 300euros, that’s a very bad joke.