Rumor: Spielberg in negotiations for Halo movie

Saturday, 8th August 2009 19:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

halolegends2

Stuart Beattie has been shopping around his Halo: Fall of Reach script and according to a report over on IESB, none other than Steven Spielberg has his eyes on it.

According to the the site:

IESB has learned exclusively (believe me this is solid and I’ve confirmed it three times over with studio executives and our close ties to CAA) that one of the biggest producers in Hollywood history is currently in active negotiations to develop the feature film adaptation and no it’s not Jerry Bruckheimer or Peter Jackson. It’s the man behind Jaws, E.T., Indiana Jones and Transformers, Mr. Steven Spielberg.

Spielberg is blown away by writer Stuart Beattie’s take on the game in his script entitled HALO THE FALL OF REACH. This coupled with the fact that his Dreamworks umbrella is looking for a big tent pole to help launch their newly independent studio with distribution over at Walt Disney Pictures after losing Transformers to Paramount in the separation, it’s the perfect combination.”

Keep this as a rumor until we hear something different, and since the IESB site is currently down, big thanks to Kokugamer for the link.

1. Stephany Nunneley

Just checked again, IESB site is still in 404 land.

2. Anders

Works here.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Yeah it started working again about 10 minutes ago for me, and then went down again. Dunno what the deal is unless the site is getting hammered from N4G users.

4. rainer

Works for me but the whole thing is super sketchy and reads like fanboy dreams “my super executive sources told me Spielberg was blown away by the awesome script & is really close to considering the project”

Right…….

I’m sure the next Tintin, Indy and Abraham Lincoln movies will be blown off for Spielberg to focus his attention on this – once the deal is done of course!

5. hitnrun

With the kind of crap that Spielberg has churned out the last decade or so, Halo might actually be a good fit for him.

(And I love me some Halo backstory. I’m just sayin’, a movie project is likely to be up his alley.)

6. Phoenixblight

Not like he didn’t rape Indiana Jones….

7. Johnny Cullen

Check again Steph, it seems to be working again.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@ Phoenixblight

LOL! That has to be one of my top ten favorite South Park episodes. :-D

9. Phoenixblight

I know right was very graphic about it too. X_X

10. Cort

Look forward to the stupid fucking tall, thin alien-ending.

(And yes, I know Halo involves aliens.)

11. Jadeskye

@ stephany, fun-fact: Matt and tray recorded all the voice for that episode in 25 minutes.