Assassin’s Creed II will be more hardcore than last outing

Thursday, 30th July 2009 23:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

assassinscreed2

Jade Raymond has said that Assassin’s Creed II will be different from the last outing because our new hero, Ezio is more “badass” than Altair in the assassin department.

Granted, she did not use the word “hardcore”, that was our terminology for the title, but we couldn’t figure out a shorter way to describe a game hailed as being more vicious and unpredictable than its predecessor.

Kotaku was lucky enough to have a chat with Jade ans watch as she played the game.

Don’t be jealous guys, she would have done the same for you had you been there.

One good thing we learned through the piece, was that players will be visiting the present much less often than the first time around. Thank God for small favors.

Get the full thing through the link. It’s really sounding quite good.

1. Hunam

Useless without pics.

2. No_PUDding

Steph… You have awful taste. The future was like an old style adventure game.. I loved it.

3. Hunam

I liked it because it had Kristen Bell. The past had stabbing dudes and beating up chumps, which was fun, but no Kristen Bell.

Speaking of KB, Veronica Mars is on E4 during the day, watch/record it everyone.

4. Stephany Nunneley

Just because I got tired of being jerked back to reality does not mean I have awful taste PUD. :-(

5. No_PUDding

My mistake, you’re right. It’s not a matter of taste, it’s a matter of wrong and right.

You are wrong for not liking the part of the game without combat, that had interactive story development!

That almost sounds serious, so let me say sorry, and then seriously mention, that it did suck becuase you got taken in and out way too much, and the whole process was a big throbbing asscheek. Stuff like that. But the actual parts were cool.

6. Stephany Nunneley

Sure, the parts were lovely. Agreed. Just got tired of the cord being reeled back in so much. Other than that, it was grand. Game was a lot more than just fun and stabbing :-D

Edit: My play on words there sucked. I am tired. Forgive me ;-)

7. Hunam

Why are video games journalists always so tired?

8. Psychotext

“Why are video games journalists always so tired?”

Drug addictions mostly. Though the fortunate ones are just alcoholics.

9. No_PUDding

Well I don’t know if I agree with that… It was only 6 or 7 times. On a second playthroguh, it’d be great if you could skip it and play seamlessly.

Would it have been better if the cord being reeled in weren’t such a rigmarole, in itself? Less going to sleep, and more ‘interactvie’ storytelling, less confusing animus controls…

That stuff?

10. No_PUDding

@Psychotext, Pat did admit to crack… It’s the beginning of gettign well.

11. Hunam

I just didn’t like it when that old guy kept moaning at you. My pet hate in games is constantly being told to do the same thing over and over. SupCom drives me fucking nuts with it.

12. No_PUDding

Go post this in the forums!

13. Hunam

I’ll post you in the forums in a minute.

14. No_PUDding

Right on.

Was just testing the theory of giving you orders pissing you off.

It’s true!

15. Hunam

You fiend!

Really, SupCom takes the piss, it’s like

“Commander, destroy the enemy base”
    “Commander, is the enemy base destroyed yet?”
    “Why aren’t you destroying the enemy base?”
    “That base is still standing commander”
    “That base needs to be taken out now!”

YOU KNOW FUCKING WHAT, I’M FUCKING TRYING BUT THEY KILLED MY ROBOT ARMY YOU FUCKING FUCKS :*(

16. No_PUDding

You’re the first person I met, who cries snowflakes.

EDIT: Also, you are making ti sounds like I am not missing out on SupCom (Supreme Commander, right?).

17. Hunam

It’s an amazing game, but it does like to harp on at you.

18. Jordan

I like that game.I play it last year.I waiting for Assassin’s Creed II always.

19. Blerk

Good. The future sucks. Stabbing people in the neck is where it’s at.

20. Spiral

Fifteen different mission types this time around, which is a massive improvement on the three in the original. Seems like they have a good understanding of the criticism of the first one, so it’s got plenty of potential.

Edit: not sure about the Danger Zone idea. I liked the cat and mouse of the chases. If it went on too long it was because city guards were capable of shimmying up walls as quickly as an uber-assassin so getting out of their field of vision was a bit difficult, not because you were too close to the crime scene.