Double Fine launches the Psychopedia

Saturday, 20th December 2008 09:16 GMT By Mike

psychonautsa.jpg

Tim Schafer’s Double Fine has released the Psychopedia; an encyclopaedia of anything and everything Psychonauts.

It’s still in its infancy, but there’s already plenty to see and do if you so wish. Nothing else to do this close to Christmas is there?

Thanks, Kotaku.

By Mike Bowden

1. Esha

I’ve had a little nose about there, it’s definitely worth a look. The bit about how they came up with the cheat codes was especially funny, I thought.

2. David

If only there was a Psychonauts 2……..

3. Gekidami

Seems odd to release something like this after just one game, i wouldnt be surprised if the idea of a sequel wasnt going thru the heads of the guys at Double Fine Productions.
    Never played it myself, though alot of people qualify it as ‘underrated’.

4. Hunam

It seems odd because Double Fine are just odd. Their website is bat shit loco and they are one of the most community focused developers you’ll ever see.

/still can’t find all the figments on that race bit in the disco level
    /still angry about it

5. Esha

My roomie and I went through the game about seven months back, determined to get every figment in the game … and we did. Every last one.

/smug

I agree with you when it comes to Double Fine, though, and I do wish every developer could be like that. If the World was right and people were smart, then everyone would be singing the praises of Tim Schafer and ignoring bling-brats like Cliffy bloody B, not the other way around.

That’s why everyone should visit there just once, just to see how a great developer behaves.

I’m sorry, I’m just bitter because I’ve been gaming since gaming was first conceived, and kids these days wouldn’t know a good developer if they were smacked brutally and repeatedly upside the head with one.

/curmudgeon

6. morriss

I like the fact that not everyone likes Tim Schafer. In fact, if everyone did like him, I’d most likely hate him.

7. Blerk