Grand Theft Auto has long since abandoned its roots as a gritty gangster sim, and to go along with the flying motorbikes and bigfoot shenanigans, this weekend’s GTA Online UFO event adds an extraterrestrial edge to Los Santos and the state of San Andreas.
Calling it an event at this stage might be a bit of a stretch, but the UFO will only be in GTA Online for a limited time. The first part of the event lasted from October 15 until October 21st, with a 2nd set of locations running through this weekend.
It’s worth a quick jaunt to visit, and is pretty similar to the UFO encounter in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Where to see the GTA Online UFO event - Stage 2
The first location in the second part of GTA Online's UFO event is the satellite relay station south of Sandy Shores as shown in the screenshot above.
Approach the area either in a vehicle or on foot and you'll be able to see the flying saucer in the sky.
Like with the first 6 encounters, you can see the UFO in GTA Online Free Roam between the in-game hours of 10PM and 3AM.
Second stage of daily UFO event is live. Today's location is near Sandy Shores Airfield.— Tez2 (@TezFunz2) October 21, 2021
The UFO will show up around Blaine County within the next days and seems to be getting closer to the city.
Credit & thanks to @PlTytus
This next batch of locations are moving steadily south from the previous set, edging closer towards the city of Los Santos.
If you can't or don't want to watch the video, the spawns are as follows.
- At the Satellite Relay Station South of Sandy Shores
- Above the UFO Crash Site from the Gunrunners update next to Fort Zancudo
- At the Shack in the Great Chaparral area in the middle of the map
- Above the Patriot House next to the Redwood Lights Track
- The Farm next to the big turn in Baytree Canyon Road in Great Chaparral
- Around Palmer-Taylor Powerstation on the east coast of the island map
GTA Online UFO Event Stage 1
To have your close encounter of the GTA Online kind, head over to the cape on the northwestern side of the map, west of Mount Chiliad, next to the Paleto Forest and south of Paleto Bay.
Your potential abduction can only occur at night, when the UFO appears between the in-game hours of 10PM to 3AM.
When you reach the right point on the map, approach the beach and look up into the sky. You’ll be able to briefly see the UFO before it disappears.
If you want to see it again, you just need to leave the area and return to make it respawn.
According to YouTuber Mr GTA Online, the location of the UFO will change throughout the duration of the event, appearing at different sites across the northern coast of San Andreas on different days.
The full map of where the UFO is supposed to spawn is at the end of their embedded video below:
If you can’t watch a video for whatever reason, the locations are as follows:
- Directly off the northern shore of the island, to the right of Paleto Bay, above the submerged crashed UFO on Saturday
- At the peak of Mount Chiliad on Sunday
- Near the lighthouse on the eastern coast of the island, east of Grapeseed, on Monday
- At the Altruist Camp radio tower in the Chiliad State Mountain Wilderness area, on the west side of the map, on Tuesday
- Above the Alien Camp on the eastern side of Sandy Shores to the southeast of the Alamo Sea on Wednesday
There’s been a lot of speculation as to why Rockstar has added such a mysterious and fleeting event into GTA Online. Could this be a hint at some future event, something more involved for Halloween, or even a hint towards a part of the next heist?