DICE has posted pertinent information pertaining to the multiplayer modes in Battlefield 3 and the maps, all of which allow for five multiplayer game modes at launch.
While familiar modes such as Conquest and Rush are back, new additions such as Team Deathmatch and Squad Deathmatch are new to the series.
The game will include nine maps, which will all "adapt" to all five of the multiplayer modes, which DICE says will provide players with "45 distinctly different multiplayer experiences to choose between."
Here are the five modes available at launch:
- Team Deathmatch - available on all nine maps - 24 players (12 vs. 12) - focused on Team Based Infantry Combat
- Squad Deathmatch - available on all nine maps - 16 players (4 squads of 4) - focused on Squad Based Infantry Combat
- Rush - available on all nine maps - 24 players on console, 32 on PC - focused on Objective Based All-out Warfare
- Squad Rush - available on all nine maps - 8 players (4 vs 4) - focused on Squad Based Infantry Combat
- Conquest - available on all nine maps - 24 players on console, 64 on PC - focused on Objective Based All-out Warfare
Players who aren't big fans of vehicular combat will have the option to choose Infantry Only in their server browsers when searching for a game without the attack vehicles. This way, only transports will be made available.
There are plenty more details over on the Battlefield Blog.
Battlefield 3 launches on October 25 and October 28 in the US and UK for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, and Origin.