Age of Empires Online pricing revealed
Microsoft and Robot Entertainment detailed the pricing plan for Age of Empires Online, which it first announced back in January.
Here's the rundown on each offering, courtesy of Shack:
Premium Civilization Packs: $19.99
- Available at launch: Greeks and Egyptians. Take your free civilizations to the next level, and unlock a tremendous amount of gameplay and new features. When you upgrade to a Premium Civilization Pack, you will get the following:
- Rare and Epic Gear - Become more powerful with upgraded gear and unique designs that stand out in battle.
- Advisors - In the Advisor Hall, you can unlock Civilization Power and Unique Units like Armored Elephants.
- Tech Tree - Experience the full tech tree with fantastic end game "Star Techs." Generate resources from your market, have your troops bandage themselves, or make your people immune to conversion in battle.
- Sparta Player vs. Player - Upgrade to even more PVP options including setting the gameplay parameters and inviting your friends to play against you. Demonstrate your ability by playing ranked games where your glory is recorded on Leaderboards so you can compare to the best in the game, or just your own friends. Plus, match make using TrueSkill so you'll always get a competitive game!
- Additional Inventory Slots - More than double your inventory space.
- More Workshops - Drastically improve your capital's production with more workshops to create all of the materials you need for crafting.
- Crafting Halls - Learn unit enhancements from additional Crafting Halls and use them to your advantage in the game.
- Empire Points - Spend Empire Points on the best loot in the game.
- In-Game Stores - Earn in-game currency from the stores in your Capital City.
Pro Civilization Packs: $19.99
- Coming soon Age of Empires Online will also offer additional civilizations at a "pro" level, which will provide all of the upgrades of a Premium Civilization, and players can jump right into the action starting at level 20.
Booster Packs: $9.99
- Expand your play options and get the features you like the most including new storylines and game modes. Available at launch:
- Defense of Crete Booster which challenges you to defend against waves of invaders on the island of Crete. Team up with a friend to battler the incoming horde, and earn new rewards and gear when you succeed.
Empire Extras: $4.99
- Acquire new items and historically themed architectural pieces for the ultimate level of customization for your Capital City. Available at launch:
- Bountiful Bushes: Beautiful Egyptian themed shrubbery (Available for Egyptians)
- Ornate Ornaments: Amazing Egyptian themed statues and decorations (Available for Egyptians)
- Glorious Gardening: Greek themed bushes and fountains (Available for Greeks)
- Startling Statuary: Greek themed statues (Available for Greeks)
Age of Empires Online is slated for an August 16 release. Check out the E3 launch trailer here.