Ark: The Animated Series has received an extended cut trailer.
Announced at The Game Awards 2020 alongside Ark 2, an extended cut trailer has been released for Ark: The Animated Series.
Studio Wildcard has partnered with director Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) to executive produce and co-showrun the original animated television series based on the video game Ark: Survival Evolved.
It’s coming to you courtesy of animation studio Lex + Otis and with music composed by Gareth Coker (Ori and the Will of the Wisps).
Created and executive produced by the game’s creators Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, the series spans fourteen 30-minute episodes and has two seasons currently in production for a 2022 launch.
Lead writers Marguerite Bennett and Kendall Deacon Davis have written the scripts.
Studio Wildcard also announced that Vin Diesel has joined the company as president of Creative Convergence and will act as executive producer of both Ark 2 and the animated series.
Diesel will also lend his voice talents as Santiago, a fully rendered hero protagonist, who will cross over from the newly announced video game sequel to the animated television series.
Here’s the synopsis:
The series chronicles the story of a land populated by dinosaurs and other extinct creatures, where people from throughout human history have been resurrected. When 21st-century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker awakes on the ARK after a tragedy, she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords — all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world.
Ark: The Animated Series voice talent and character descriptions are below, in alphabetical order:
- Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
- Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th-century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
- Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva’s army.
- Madeleine Madden plays 21st-century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
- Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st-century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
- Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
- Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
- Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer, and village councilmember.
- Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
- Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
- David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th-century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
- Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
- Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
- Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th-century American watchmaker, and Patriot spy.
- Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd-century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
- Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd-century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
- With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
- And Vin Diesel playing 24th-century‘ Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.