Gearbox will release a substantial patch for Borderlands 3 today, and it has also outlined upcoming additions to expect.
A new patch will drop for Borderlands 3 today which supports the Bloody Harvest event, and addresses a number of reported issues.
The studio also outlined what to expect in the future, which we will dive into first.
According to a post on the official website, you can expect the studio to continue addressing game performance and stability. Game-wide improvements can be expected in the November patch.
You can also expect the first bank expansion to come alongside the release of the next content update, Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite. Gearbox said the expansion will double the size of the existing bank. Additional bank expansions will be rolled out with future content releases.
Alongside this content update, you can also expect the first new Mayhem Mode level, Mayhem 4. Expect tougher enemies which will reward you with “highly synergized character builds.” A new batch of Legendary gear will also only drop while in Mayhem 4. In the long term, Gearbox plans to overhaul Mayhem by adding more UI support, new modifiers, playlists, rewards, and additional levels.
The November patch will also update the loot pools, especially when dealing with bosses. The team is currently looking at which bosses will drop specific gear, but once decided, you will be able to get said gear from the designated boss.
Another change will come to character buffs. According to the developer notes, in the late stages of the game when Mayhem Mode is active, player companions aren’t performing as well as expected. Gearbox is currently looking into how it can adjust damage “according to the relevant skills and gear.”
Additional vending machines will also be added across multiple maps. These will be dropped outside some boss arenas and in larger environments. These locations include: Athenas, Atlas HQ, Jakobs Estate, Lectra City, Skywell-27, Tazendeer Ruins, The Pyre of Stars, and Voracious Canopy.
The ability to skip cutscenes is being looked into, and sometime in December, target dummies will be added to the shooting range on Sanctuary 3.
Sounds like you have quite a bit to look forward to. Now, on to today’s patch.
Like the last update, you can expect improvements to stability, which should result in less crashing. The Flakker weapon now consumes one ammo instead of five, and plenty of bugs have been squashed. We’ve posted the patch notes for you below.
Borderlands 3 October 24 patch
- Fixed a report bug resulting in a crash while loading into maps
- Fixed a reported audio crash bug
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when level transitioning immediately after throwing a longbow grenade
- Fixed a reported rare crash that occurred for certain users after completing missions
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when swapping an equipped weapon
- Fixed a reported crash that occurred for certain users when sorting the Mission Log by region
- [Consoles Only] Mayhem mode is now available in True Vault Hunter Mode on Consoles
- [Consoles Only] Added Photo Mode support for Consoles
- [Consoles Only] Added ECHOcast Twitch Extension support for Consoles
- Added new Vault Hunter customizations and trinkets
- Added ability to specify Mayhem Mode while matchmaking
- Adjusted the volume of the 2K and Gearbox logo intro movies
- Addressed reported concern where some players were missing skill points
- Updated gore stump textures for consistency
- [PC Only] Improved reliability of the voice chat system when open and closing the ECHO menu on PC
- [PC Only] Added a modification so typing in text chat no longer prevents players from fast travelling
- Singularity grenades will no longer cause Saurian corpses to float in the air after dying
- Addressed a reported concern that certain players experienced some Visual FX for the side mission “Transaction Packed” before accepting the mission
- Addressed a reported concern that some players experienced Brick getting stuck after chasing enemies off the cliff near Hector’s Lament in The Anvil
- Made a modification where Amber Lamps no longer has a chance to spawn during the “Defend BALEX” objective of “The Family Jewel” mission
- Addressed a reported concern with the Legendary grenade mod Quasar, where it was not counting towards the optional grenade kills objective in Slaughter maps
- [PS4 Only] Addressed a language code issue present in PS4 activity feeds for English
- Addressed a reported concern where users with their region set to Japan were unable to complete the Fast Travel tutorial
- Made a modification so Safe Area Calibration is now saved when relaunching the game
- Camera no longer resets to a random location when using the Reset Camera function in Photo mode
- Photo mode will now force exit when the player is teleported
- Subtitles are now present when joining another player’s game while a cinematic is playing
- Addressed a reported concern where some sounds were quiet or missing for the second player in split screen
- Made various split screen UI fixes
- Fixed a reported UI issue where the Mayhem Modifier menu would sometimes not appear for certain players
Borderlands 3 Hotfix
- Now consumes 1 ammo instead of 5.
- Addressed a reported bug with “Space-Laser Tag” which prevented some players from progressing to the next objective
- Atomic has been modified to no longer become invincible, as has been reported under certain conditions
- Modified Powerhouse Heavy’s attacks to no longer damage players outside of the intended range
- Addressed a concern that Projected shields were taking too much damage from General Traunt’s attacks
- Fixed the reported floating door frame in the Jakobs Theatre
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker when Rhy’s talks during “Hostile Takeover”
- Increased checkpoint sizes of New-U stations in multiple locations
- Included a modification so that Zane’s Digi-Clone will no longer spawn into the cage in Slaughterstar 3000