This week is going to be very busy for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
Following the start of the the second testing phase for PUBG’s Savage 4x4km map earlier today, PUBG Corp. released a new patch for the game’s test server.
This is the regular test server, not the Closed Experimental one where Savage is currently being tested. This is a bit of a big patch, adding new content in the form of weapon skins, and a couple of nice quality-of-life features.
To start with, patch 11 added a marker to both maps that automatically shows the plane’s flight path. This is a very handy feature that allows players to more easily plan their drops, rather having to rely on third-party sites on a second screen or just memory.
The flight path shows up as soon as you load into the lobby, so even before you get on the plane. It remains visible right up until the final drop. The update also makes it possible for players to spectate ongoing custom games.
Assuming the admin running the game allows it, players can easily join in as spectators to watch the action unfold in real time. If your game is password-protected, you can also set a password for spectators so only those authorised can watch.
The feature is still early, however, so expect a few issues. Finally, update 11 adds a new paid cosmetic crate called Equinox, and two new frying pan skins. One can be purchased separately, while the other is a lucky drop in the crate.
The crate brings several new weapon skins, as well as an extra skin for the frying pan that has the game’s level 3 helmet itched onto it. The Equinox joins the list of existing crates and has a 25% chance of dropping. You’ll need the Weapon Skin Key to open it, however, which costs $2.50.
The weekly reset day has now also changed from Monday, to midnight GMT on Thursday. As you probably know, prices for the game’s cosmetic crates continue to increase the more you buy them using BP. The reset brings the price back to the starting point.
Patch 11 does not yet have a launch date on live servers, but it should hit this week if all goes well. Check out all the patch notes and drop rates for Equinox’s items below.
- A marker has been added to the map that allows players to check the flight path of the plane.
- The path is visible from when players are at the waiting lobby up until the point when they fall down to their final drop destination.
- There should no longer be excessive blood effects when you’re getting shot in FPP mode or while aiming down sights.
- Fixed issue that sometimes caused blood effects to not show up when shooting other players.
- Fixed an issue that was causing character silhouettes to remain visible while inside smoke
- Switching weapons while prone should no longer cause certain animations to break
Custom game spectating
- In the lobby’s custom match list, you can select an ongoing game and watch it in real time.
- Games that have the Public Spectating option set to “On” can be watched in Custom Match.
- For private matches, you can spectate the game by entering a given password.
- The custom game real-time spectating function is still in an early development stage, and some functions may be unstable. We appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks.
Crate system updates
- Weekly random crate reset date is changed to every Thursday, 00:00 UTC
- This change will be applied from this week
New crates and skins
- One new paid crate and one new frying pan skin has been added.
- For the purpose of security verification, Equinox crate x10, Weapon Skin Key x20, Early Bird Key x20, 100K BP will be distributed to all accounts.( Test server only)
- The frying pan skin, “Target Practice”, can be purchased separately as an individual item for 5,000 BP. It can be purchased only once per account.
- New paid crate, “Equinox Crate”, will offer weapons skins. It can be earned with 25% chance as a Weekly Random Crate.
- “Equinox Crate” can be opened with Weapon Skin Key, which can be purchased at the Steam store.
- There is one bonus item. If you’re really lucky, you can get that skin as a bonus on top of the crate’s normal reward items
Equinox crate skins drop rates