The Classified Firecrest gear set has arrived in The Division’s 1.8 update – is it worth your time?
In his latest video on The Division, Arekkz declares himself a ‘big fan’ of this set, which looks like tremendous fun.
The weapons and gear in the Classified Firecrest set can make enemies burst into flames, and those flames can sometimes spread to other enemies around them. If you have enough gear from the set, the flame turret becomes incredibly powerful.
These are the set bonuses for kitting yourself out with multiple pieces of Classified Firecrest equipment:
- 2 piece: +3 incendiary grenade capacity bonus
- 3 piece: +50% flame turret range, +30% flame turret damage
- 4 piece: Damage increased by 15% against burning targets
- 5 piece: +1 incendiary grenade capacity, +15% flame turret range, +10% flame turret damage
- 6 piece: Bullets have a 5% chance of causing an enemy to burn; burning enemies can explode when shot once every 10 seconds; enemies set on fire by flame turrets will burn 25% longer for every 2000 electronics
In PvE, basically, that flame turret is a beast. Once you extend its range, it’ll flame up enemies from a distance like a damn dragon. As Arekkz says, placement is important – this build is fairly reliant on that turret, so you don’t want any heavies running in to kick it down – but if the range stacks high it’s hard for enemies to get close. The other downside is that up-close combat becomes difficult, as enemies on fire are liable to light you up as well.
Arekkz says he has had ‘some success’ with this build in PvP skirmish mode as well, but it’s most well-suited to taking down enemies.
Basically, it’s a very fun set, and it looks like it’ll be worth playing around with if you’re a big fan of The Division.