A new PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds update was released early this morning after a brief period on test servers.
Weekly and monthly patches are no longer guaranteed for PUBG, so it’s always nice to see one of those pop up without much preamble.
This new patch brings a host of bug fixes, but the biggest change is that the game will no longer allow players to bind multiple functions to the same key in the .ini files. This was likely made to combat crouch-jumping and other similar tactics that relied on having more than one action bound to a single key.
As far as bug fixes, there’s one in particular PC players with non-beefy PCs will be happy to see. Developer Bluehole introduced a fix to the issue that would sometimes cause a black box to appear when using a scope whenever anti-aliasing was set to ‘low’ or ‘very low’.
Find the full change log below:
- Added the following feature to the Map Help section on the World Map: Marking your character’s current position (Default key set to Insert)
- You may no longer modify ini files to set a key bind for multiple actions on the same key
- Fixed a bug that enabled angled foregrip to attach to Tommy Gun
- Fixed a graphic bug regarding building locations
- Fixed an animation bug that appeared when a character used healing or boosting items in the driver’s seat
- Fixed a bug that did not cancel a player’s reload if the character was knocked out during the reload
- Fixed a bug where an uncooked grenade could explode if a character was knocked out while holding it
- Fixed a graphic bug that would cause a black box texture to appear while scoped when Anti-Aliasing was set to Low or Very Low in the Settings