Surprise! Rez Infinite was released on Steam today.
Originally a PlayStation 4 exclusive console release with PS VR support in 2016, the psychedelic rail-shooter can now be purchased for PC.
It also supports HTC Vive and Oculus Rift if you’re looking for a virtual reality experience.
Rez Infinite is the remastered version of the 2001 release complete with HD and 4K support and the all-new level Area X.
Here’s a recap of the game’s features:
- The Ultimate Package – Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and an all-new free-flying experience in Area X.
- Highest Res Rez – Unrestricted resolution and up to double the texture resolution of any previous version of Rez makes for razor-sharp visuals.
- Enhanced Soundscapes – Full 3D audio for Rez‘s incredible music and sound effects.
- VR Optional – The entire game is playable on your desktop, or in full VR with your HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headset and accompanying controllers (standard gamepads, Vive Controllers, and Oculus Remote and Touch controllers are all supported).
- View Mode – Take in the environment, or capture great moments by pressing “V” on keyboard. On desktop mode, use the left joystick, or hold left click and drag the mouse to look around. In VR, move your head to look around. Exit view mode by pressing V.
If you’ve never had the opportunity to play the original Rez, this version is your chance. Matt spent some time with it, and came away extremely impressed.
“For those that have never loved before, Rez will grasp you and throw you around the bedroom,” he said in his review. “Rez will snap your head back and leave you breathless. If you’ve ever had your heart broken into tiny pieces, Rez will fix it.
“Rez kisses everything, eases aching muscles, and soothes weary bones. Rez is love.”
Rez Infinite will run you 20% off at $19.99 on Steam through August 16. After that date, the game will run you $29.99.