Titanfall 2’s most recent update responded to two of the most common fan complaints about game balance.
Titanfall 2 developer Respawn pushed a server-side update to the game over the weekend. Version 11.04.2016, this patch brought a number of key balance changes.
Map Hack, one of the skills Pilots could equip, received a lot of criticism from fans for how quickly and easily it could be spammed, resulting in constant map scans that reveal enemy locations. The patch made it so player locations will pulse, instead of being always on.
Tone and Legion are two of the Titans to also generate a lot of talk. For Tone especially, players felt it was powerful in all situations, making it the default pick for many. The patch tweaked the balance on the two Titans, but the developer did not reveal exactly what these changes are.
Finally, the patch added the ability to start a private match solo.
Find the full change log below:
- Map Hack: Rebalanced Map Hack so that player locations will now pulse instead of always on. We’ll continue to look into this boost and will modify it further if it continues to cause frustration
- Rebalanced Legion
- Rebalanced Tone
- You can now play private match solo
- Anti-Titan and Grenadier weapons once again restore ammo when embarking into your Titan
- Rebalanced Amped LMGs
Last Titan Standing
- Fixed an issue with bad start spawns on Exoplanet
- Fixed an issue that was causing round 1 to start while people were still connecting
- Fixed an issue with camos that would result in players not being able to clear the “NEW” message