Dark Souls 3 NPCs, from romantic interests to invading phantoms.
Dark Souls 3: NPCs
Find an NPC, recruit a trainer, finish an NPC quest, defeat an invading phantom: the interactions of these characters are among Dark Souls 3’s most abiding mysteries.
This page is designed to cater to those who want to quickly find information on a specific NPC rather than scrolling through the full NPC guide; if you want to know everything about everyone, that link is the one you’re after. Note that if you click through to an individual NPC’s page to get the details, you will see spoilers for that NPC and any interacting characters.
This is also where you’ll find a list of invading phantom NPCs, along with known rewards for trouncing them and which NPCs and covenants they connect with. You must be in Ember form to be invaded.
Please note that you cannot be invaded after you defeat an area boss, just as you cannot summon in the same situation. If you miss an invasion, you’ll have to wait for the next NG+ cycle or restart.
NPC sidequests and vendors
The despondent warrior in Firelink Shrine, involved with one of the coolest secrets.
A major sidequest with multiple endings, itself a major component of the secret ending.
Everyone’s favourite jerk is back. Find him, survive him.
The Onion Knights return.
Thiefbro sells great stuff.
The Black Eye Orb, and other delights.
Looking for the Blades of the Darkmoon? Here’s your in.
Unlock the secret ending, buy rare loot and make out like a bandit.
Eygon of Carim
See Irina of Carim below.
Primary pyromancy trainer.
Primary miracle trainer, with two potential fates.
Primary sorcery trainer.
Advanced and dark magic vendor – miracles, sorcery, pyromancy.
Invading NPC phantoms
- Invades between Undead Settlement and Dilapidated Bridge.
- Drops Vertebra Shackle.
- Can be spoken with prior to defeat of Rotted Greatwood if player enters Mound-Makers area.
- Can be summoned (hostile) just once after halfway Fortress, past mushroom beetles on left path.
- Involved in Sirris of the Sunless Realms’ storyline.
Holy Knight Hodrick – Mound-Makers
- Invades between Halfway Fortress and Crucifixion Woods, and in the basilisk area near Keep Ruins and Farron Keep.
- Drops Xanthous Crown and Heysel Pick.
- If missed, Xanthous Crown is available in late game in Rosaria’s Bedchamber, on a maggot man.
Yellowfinger Heysel – Rosaria’s Fingers
- Invades on bottom floor of Cathedral of the Deep.
- Drops Barbed Straight Sword and Spiked Shield.
- Travel to Rosaria’s Bedchamber by bonfire after defeating Kirk to collect the Armor of Thorns set.
Longfinger Kirk – Rosaria’s Fingers
- Very dangerous. Awards the My Thanks emote upon defeat – or after defeating the player.
- Invades in the dead end sewer tunnel near the giant rat in Catacombs of Carthus, and next to the lava pit beneath the Black Knight on the path between Demon Ruins or Old King’s Antechamber and the ladder to the arbalest in Smouldering Lake.
- Drops Fume Ultra Greatsword, Black Iron Greatshield and Knight Slayer’s Ring. After defeating Tsorig, Black Iron set available at Shrine Handmaid.
- Can be summoned for the Old Demon King battle.
Knight Slayer Tsorig
- Invades on the short path between Distant Manor and Irithyll Dungeon.
- Drops Murakumo.
- Search the area outside Karla’s cell in Irithyll Dungeon after defeating Alva for the Alva set.
Alva, Seeker of the Spurned
- Can only be encountered via the Sirris of the Sunless Realms side quest.
- After defeating Creighton with Sirris, he will invade on the graveyard side of Church of Yorshka.
- Drops Dragonslayer’s Axe.
- After defeating Creighton during his invasion, the Mirrah Chain set, including Creighton’s Steel Mask, can be found on the bridge between Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and Central Irithyll.
Creighton the Wanderer
- Invades on the path between Distant Manor and the shortcut lift to Church of Yorshka – id you’ve upset Yuria of Londor and closed of the secret ending.
- Drops Manikin Claws.
- The hostile version of Pale Shade of Londor, an NPC available for co-op summons if you are on track for the secret ending.
Dark Spirit of Londor
- Invades in Untended Graves, near where you’d expect to find the Cemetery of Ash bonfire.
- No drops.